Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60A Allow apps from unknown sources

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 07:51 PM)
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Hi, How can I turn this on. Is there anyway to enable install apps from unknown sources ? I can't find a setting anywhere. Surely there MUST be an option ? Or is this another feature removed from the latest TVs ? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Ckr
Pioneer
Options
Go to setting
Biometrics and security
Install unknown apps.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Enable Installation from Unknown sources

Turn on Samsung Smart TV.

Navigate to the Settings menu from the home screen.

Select the Personal tab and look for the Security option.

You should now be able to see the Unknown Sources setting.

Note
You really only want to be
Installing from trusted source
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Hi Steve this is the problem I'm having, there is no personal tab on the TV in the menu. I've seen that it looks like the feature is on 2020 TV models but it's not on mine at all which is a 2021 model, ive searched every menu and sub menu. 

All forums and guides I read keep saying how you've explained but there is no personal tab. 

Shannon L1
First Poster
Options

Rockinross,

Please tell me you've had some luck and got the answer? WTF is the personal tab? I am a test engineer and write software, my head's ready to explode. Something that should take less than one second has taken so much of my time I just use the firestick at this point. I wanted the Samsung TV but if I realized Tizen support was going to be so bad, I would never have bought one.  Not sure if you're old enough to remember but it kind of reminds me of VHS versus Sony with their betamax. They thought that format would rule the world and then they got swallowed up instead lol

Thanks!

Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Hi Shannon, at this point there is no solution I've been able to find. I bought the TV thinking I could add apps from  sources other than the meagre selection Samsung want you to use. As earlier models would allow this. This model and other newer models don't seem too. 

Enabling developer options brings no joy at all it's practically pointless.

This TV is without doubt the worst purchase I have ever made. No install from unknown sources option, major issues with the hdmi arc, limited codecs support. No DTS Sound out ?

I will NEVER buy another Samsung TV EVER.

If you manage to find a work around please share.

Hoshizora
First Poster
Options

Hi,

same problem. I think this is the worst purchase I have made on my whole life.

Samsung is

Members_LlXBkhH
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem and i can not find a solution I have tried connecting it to my computer via adb connect and nothing

0 Likes
Zaksh
First Poster
Options

Just walked into this upgraded my tv not. Absolute joke in this day and age companies dictating what apps you are allowed. Best screaming on twitter to stop others falling into the same trap 

0 Likes