Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems changing audio language on MKV file Samsung SMART TV.

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 04:18 PM)
fens
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

How to change audio language on a movie from USB stick? For one movie it started to play audio track in languague i don't speak and it's very frustrating.

Same with subtitles. I know you can remove audio track in your PC but there must be a way to select audio track without removing others

TV model - Samsung UE43RU7172

70 REPLIES 70
ExeTapia
First Poster
Options

From what I see, they still don't solve this problem. Do they seriously have this forum for us to talk only to each other? Are they not attentive to solve problems of their clients? incredible.

a month since the purchase and I already regret it.

0 Likes
jllv12
Student
Options

Thank you! It worked. 
Audio selection shows up while on playback 

0 Likes
MariMon
Journeyman
Options

I just bought another Samsung TV after 5 years, this time [2022 model QN85B Neo QLED] and DTS is still NOT supported 😑

0 Likes
PippoAe
First Poster
Options

Recently bought a QE75QN95A ATXXN.
So far, playing MKV files seems to be hit or miss for me.

Alltough perfectly working in VLC, with some files I'm not able to change audio language when playing them on the Samsung TV. Also there are times where the player doesn't react to button presses no more until the tv is restarted, but that's another topic.

Really looking forward to get this fixed.
Is there an alternative  - maybe better - player available in the TV's App-Store??

0 Likes
WillSur
First Poster
Options

Hi, can you please detail how you managed this ? Will

0 Likes
WillSur
First Poster
Options

Hi same issue here (Q80 series from 2020 running Tizen TV OS). Audio track selection is greyed out while playing a multi audio track mkv.

Dear Samsung dev team, we have a challenge for you guys !!

Please make your amazing TVs even more awesome but fixing this 😉.

0 Likes
Members_Wx2B1VD
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue and i am using an old android tv box to stream the movie onto the Samsung tv. In case you got a box lying around, it might be useful to plug through that the usb storage. You can choose all the different language options without any issues

0 Likes
Members_vnCRU8G
First Poster
Options

I tried one of the suggestion before it worked : actually you need to play the video and then the wheel must display the menu to change the audio track or the subtitles.

If the video is not on play, those menus won't be displayed at all

0 Likes
Members_aYmSUme
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I had the same problem. If you press upwards on the circle of the remote WHILE THE MOVIE IS BEING PLAYED, the language change option appears. If you pause it, only the subtitle language option will be visible. No idea why, but thats the case. So, no need for LGs, or external apps, just follow this method.

Cheers.

dandycyclone
First Poster
Options

There were already few comments in this thread explaining  precisely, where problem comes from. Reported problem comes from audio codec support: https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/specifications/media-specifications/2023-tv-video-spec... - even in 2023 Samsung TVs do not support DTS  audio codec - search for "Important" section in the shared Video Specifications. It means, that embedded Samsung TV player will playback automatically only audio channels (by default the 1st supported channel will be selected) in the format/codec it supports and will not even display audio channel selection menu for non supported codecs (primarily DTS). So it is not really a problem of container (MKV or not). You can make your own test by downloading a video file with few audio channels, where only one channel codec is supported (say AC3) and all others are not (DTS), and most likely you will reproduce the problem.

It is on top of the weird UI problem with inability to toggle even supported audio channel/codec, when playback is paused - that's what I can't explain at all :smiling-face:

0 Likes