Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Bluetooth range on The Frame?

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 04:18 AM)
Svein1967
Pioneer
Options

I have a 2022 model 55 inch The Frame. Is the Bluetooth range very poor on these TVs in general, or do I have a faulty set? I sit three meters from the TV (directly in front) and connect with my Sony earplugs.  The sound falls out all the time. Going into the kitchen (a further four meters away) the connection drops altogether. Connected to my mobile phone I can be on a different floor and still have Bluetooth signal in my earplugs. 

Anyone with a similar problem and how can it be solved? (I would love to be able to sit three meters from the TV and have stable connection, at the very least.....)

5 REPLIES 5
Brent Harsh
First Poster
Options

I thought it was just my old bluetooth earbuds getting weak.  I bought a new middle-of-the-road pair from Costco and they did the same thing, so I returned them.  Next I saw a special on Google Buds - these don't drop out fully, but they distort and squeal a lot - basically at the same rate as the old ones would drop out!  All 3 worked fine with my smartphones from across two open rooms, but I can't even turn my head when watching the Frame. Therefore, I can confirm awful bluetooth performance on a 2022 Frame.  No solution that I know of yet.

0 Likes
Svein1967
Pioneer
Options

Hmm, it looks like it's a feature and not a bug, then....😣 I've only tried with one pair of earbuds, but I'll also have a go with a pair of headphones to see what happens.....

0 Likes
Members_9qZjrix
First Poster
Options

I have a 2022 Samsung 55" The Frame  

This is bluetooth connectivity and bluetooth sound quality matter that is proven and sadly experience by their customers. It is known by Samsung UK and I guess Samsung HQ Television department.

In my opinion, either Samsung's bluetooth module doesn't have enough quality  or their software is in need of urgent revision and update.

I have a Bang & Olufsen BH95 bluetooth headphones, this are of proven reputable  good quality headphones and when connected to The Frame both the power output and sound quality is totally disappointing and unacceptable. Funny enough my old LCD Panasonic TV had a much better bluetooth than this Samsung 2022, How can it be?

Samsung **bleep** quite an effort on making some outstanding feature on their televisions like multi view on mirroring, and that is plausible;  but, Samsung is missing some of the most basic and required technical features like: "a good range, solid connectivity and  high quality sound in its Bluetooth " 

On another matter, I seem unable to uninstall  some of the preinstalled apps in my television, ie: Apple TV, Disney and either this is me or this must be "quickly rectified"  by Samsung. Imposing customers with preinstalled up ,  or having designated buttons for certain subscription services is "totally out of order"  Instead Samsung must cage and dedicate those buttons to programmable function shortcuts.,

I do hope that Samsung pays attention to the Bluetooth problem with their 2022 The Frame television, and release an urgent update to improve the sound and range of the bluetooth ..? 

Sailorman
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with hearing *****.  I was very pleased to find my Phonak hearing ***** connected to the tv so I could watch with my wife without having the volumn loud.  Dissapointed to find that just turning my head or moving to a diffefent spot on the sofa would cut out the sound.  I get a signal from other devices thruout the apartment.  Bluetooth should have a range of 30 feet.  What happened Samsung?

0 Likes
L56
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. No matter what earbuds I try - Apple, Beats, etc. the crackle and breakup is awful. Unusable. SO disappointing for a high quality tv.

0 Likes