Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Mini Not Working

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 04:04 PM)
Denzil75
Student
Options

The one connect cable had been unplugged from the one connect mini box but now when we plug the cable back into the box the screen on the TV (UE48JU7500T) goes black.  We have tried resetting the TV plugging the HDMI cables back in one by one but nothing has resolved it.  The standby light seems to be doing a series of flashes when the cable is plugged in (long flash, short flash, short flash, long flash, short flash, short flash and so on).  Netflix and Prime both work fine when the cable is unplugged but as soon as the cable is plugged in the screen goes black, can't watch anything through the HDMI cables.  Has anyone else had this and managed to resolve it?  We have tried a new box and cable but that didn't make a difference.

5 REPLIES 5
Rob_Bastiaanssen
First Poster
Options

I've got the exact same issue on a UE48JU7000LXXN model I got from my brother. When he tool it off the wall it worked perfectly. After installing all the cables it gave me the same treatment as described above. Flashing red led but a black screen. After disconnecting the OCB mini and leaving the cable connected in the tv, I was able to switch the TV on and use Netflix etc. As soon as I connected the cable to the box again, the TV switches off. I'm a bit reluctant to buy a new cable + box before I know for sure it is the solution to the problem..

0 Likes
JoeTV
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found an answer for this issue? I have the exact same problem simply moved my TV up one floor to another room and now can't get the mini One to work, same issue TV basically goes black/turns off, works fine with Netflix etc.  Is there any other way to just get HDMI or somethign as an input? Maybe the ports  in the back?

0 Likes
Denzil75
Student
Options

Unfortunately the only way we were able to rectify this was to send the TV off for repair at a Samsung service centre. Something in the TV had shorted when the x-box was plugged in, to do with a power surge. I'm not very technical but know that I will make sure all my future TVs have direct HDMI inputs on them. You have to ensure that everything is switched off, ideally unplugged before connecting anything new to the connect box. An absolute farce!

0 Likes
RMDCH
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem, bought a new mini connector and lead but no difference 

0 Likes
RMDCH
First Poster
Options

Samsung why are we posting here if you don't reply, you know what the problems is!

0 Likes