Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Box issues

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 10:08 PM)
DDinh
First Poster
Options

Just got done talking with Samsung Support to fix a Qled 6 for having Intermittent issues. We only the tv for a little more than a year. The tech walked me through the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps that I’ve found on other online threads that deals with this issue:

-Turn on/ turn off

-Make tv software is up to date

-And then do complete reset. 

After all that. The issue persisted. And the tech automatically says that I will need to replace the One Connect box and the invisible cable wire!

To which I asked if this is a known issue with the Qled and the One Connect box?

Tech replies that this is “not” a known issue to them!

Of course I called “Bull*****”!

Really?  Not a known issue? But the remedy that you automatically prescribed to me is to get a new one connect box!

You didn’t tell me that it could be a display issue. Or any other issue. You just gave me one recommendation. And that is to get a new One Connect Box. But yet, it’s not a known issue to you?!

If its not a known issue to you then Samsung must be trying real hard to play deaf and dumb. Because the moment I google one connect issues. There multiple threads listing troubleshooting advices for it!!

And the kicker?  The new One Connect box will cost you $500!!  

Might as well by myself a brand new tv!!

63 REPLIES 63
Members_cEXMDSR
Student
Options

After 9 months I've just had this OneConnect fault. Inside warranty of 1 year, I've jsut raised a fault repair request. Any idea how responsive the Samsung repair people are?

0 Likes
Grant9
First Poster
Options

I have a 2017 (not Smart TV) Samsung UN55JU7100 with the Samsung One Connect MINI BN96-35817B.

Love the TV - still great picture and sound. My issue is not catastrophic but annoying to the point that I just purchased a new 65" QN900B Neo QLED 8K Smart TV. Want to still use the JU7100 in a different room so here's my issue. When using Netflix and other streaming services/apps, the program will start but then kick me out to the standard cable subscription on HDMI1 connection. Switch back to HDMI4 and start the show again and it kicks me back out. Rinse and repeat.

Is this a One Connect Box, cable, or possibly HDMI cable slot problem? I've been on the phone with Samsung support and many times tried all the disconnect cable (reset) issues but the problem keeps occurring. Would rather not buy a 6-year-old used One Connect box but will if it solves this problem. Will a newer One Connect Box (newer model) help/work or will it not be compatible with the 2017 UN55JU710? Thanks

0 Likes
tv1kr
First Poster
Options
Just spent 2 hours on trying to sort out an issue on a tv, first issue was faulty screen after 2 months of use, took 2 weeks just to agree to send an engineer, now been informed that i am out of warranty (tv 14 months old) the one connect box became very hot and switches on and off repeatedly, samsung answer not under warranty but will give me 15 percent towards repair cost... but he did tell me samsung get great reviews and repeated out warranty and when i asked to speak to his line manager he informed me he was unable to do this... expensive tv which going by other comments on the neo 8k tv fantastic when working but not good for longevity. My house consists of a lot of samsung product, I guess taking out independent insurance wherby you donot have to speak to customer services highly recommended.
0 Likes
FelixLayi
Student
Options

Sorry to hear about this issue with Samsung TV, I had similar issue and it was a big war to get them to deal with it under warranty, my advice will be to get another product, it’s not worth the hassle with Samsung products developing faults all the time! 

It’s like they’re designed to last for a year or whenever their warranty runs out. 
The last time Samsung made any good product was 2016, anything after then is total rubbish I’m afraid. 

Had TV, tablet and phone from them and they’re all *****! DON’T BUY FROM THEM! take your money elsewhere! 

0 Likes