Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 06:51 PM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

195 REPLIES 195
PJS28
Explorer
Options

I wish they would introduce a setting for this. The pop up for the volume is doing my head in. It should be easy to apply this as an option in the firmware. 

RomBrz
Apprentice
Options

In my case, what annoy me is that i have a wireless headset for my Xbox, paired directly with the Xbox, so to watch TV or Streaming i use the TV's sound, but when i play Xbox i mute the TV because i'm using my phone.

But if you mute the TV, this popup keeps showing and i have to change the audio mode to a "fake optical" to mute the tv without the annoying popup remembering me that i muted the TV.

_Diablos_
Student
Options

Yes this is a super annoying "feature". I'm seriously considering blacklisting samsung devices from my future purchases. First the HW-K950 flagship soundbar with a poorly documentet lack of support  for atmos over Arc, and then this "high-end" Q80T TV with a massive, annoying and distracting volume display.  Give us the option to remove it, or at least decide the size and location on screen.  Feels like i'm buying cheap non-branded chinese copies.

Feels like they have no-one that actually quality checks the products anymore. Not everyone lives in houses. Quite a few of us live in apartments, and with major volume differences in dialouge scenes and action scenes, sometimes it sadly is necessary to micro manage volume.

Ck89
Explorer
Options

I'm glad this thread is getting some traction. I 100% echo your sentiment here... the "by design" feature add to make this volume osd is SO Awful. Samsung please remove it or give the option to include it. Don't decide for us that adding it is what is best...

axso033
First Poster
Options

What is with showing the next and previous volume level? I can count - if I'm at volume level 20 I know the next number is going to be 21, and the previous number is 19.

This is absolutely insane. I can't wrap my head around the idea that some designer at Samsung thought this would be useful information to show onscreen that people needed to know.

The old Samsung TV I had from 8 years ago had an unobtrusive volume display - just showing the current volume level and nothing else - that didn't cover content. I want to buy a TV to watch the content! Not to see a user-interface! I want to buy the latest Samsung TV but this obtrusiveness is a dealbreaker for me.

Does anyone at Samsung have even a basic concept of good user-interface design?!?

Please can anyone tell me that there is a way to turn off this idiotic "feature"?

Members_UfDsopY
First Poster
Options

Agreed, completely unnecessary and annoying 

BrBray
Student
Options

I recently installed an external sound bar that uses e-ARC, and I get a similar pop up that displays “Receiver (HDMI-eARC)” whenever I adjust the volume. I enjoy the sound bar, but now the TV? Not so much. It’s extremely intrusive during movies. 

Ck89
Explorer
Options

SAMSUNG - when are you going to address this!?

BrBray
Student
Options

As a Bonus Feature (after installing the sound bar which uses e-ARC) I have to use the Samsung remote to exit out of the Home menu before resuming TV use, if I turned the TV off the night before while watching Netflix or Prime. 

it seems as though outputting audio to the e-ARC is causing the poor TV to have an existential crisis. 

SamsucksHard
Student
Options

DUDE. EXACTLY… My wife is the Volume Nazi big time. And now bc of this POS menu system on a $4k TV, I can’t enjoy my god given RIGHT as a MAN to do as I please with my own electronics. SAMSUNG SUCKS. Now I remember why I wasn’t going to buy Samsung ever again. It’s this kind of cra-a-ap. LG, I’m coming home! (