Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough memory

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 11:58 AM)
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I have a 7 series TV , a message pops up saying it can't update due to insufficient memory , delete some apps, but none of the apps can be deleted, it has 66mb free but need 132mb , what is taking the memory up and why does a smart TV only have 816mb of memory , I haven't installed any apps , but the TV now has Apple TV which I do t use also Britbox has been installed  which I also don't use , is there anyway to delete and get memory back
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

Free Up Storage on your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/free-up-tv-storage/
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks but that still said you can't delete preinstalled apps, I did a Google and followed instructions to a developer mode, which let me delete them
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Daviek28 Some customers have experienced this issue and seemed to particularly effect 2018 models, re the lack of storage space.  However several Members here found that a Flash Reset provided the best solution in freeing up space.

You need to follow this method:

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on

1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
  2. Release the button
  3. press the power button on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. .

This will set everything back to factory settings, so all the logins will have to be re-entered. 

Hovever In some cases an engineer visit was required to replace the board.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
Hi thanks I have tried that in the past, but the TV just puts all the apps back onto itself , resulting in low memory again. It even installs apps by itself, Spotify appeared a few weeks ago even though I didn't install it, though I am able to delete that one, if I reset the TV it downloads again. I found a solution with a Google search regarding developer mode to delete apps. That seems to have worked for now. Thank you.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Daviek28  ok thanks for confirming, hopefully trhe Developer Mode method will be  beneficial longer term.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I'm hoping so , I was told to reset it a few months ago by Samsung as they thought that might solve it, when I said it seemed to be a common problem on this TV from what I'd read on the Internet, they said they hadn't heard of this problem, anyway its just out of the guarantee now , so I hope the developer mode does stop the apps reinstalling, as the lack of memory seemed to make what apps I use really slow. Thank you again.
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
Just thought I'd let you know the apps have reinstalled themselves! So back to square one 😬
0 Likes