Model No: UE43TU8000.

No Teletext

0 Likes
Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
Theyardy
Explorer
Options

I've tried BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC news channel on 231, just get the message "Not Available"

Teletex works on all of these channels on my other TV's but not on this new Samsung rubbish set.

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes
Solution
Theyardy
Explorer
Options

Today the retailer operated my TV remotely via the internet, having tried various setting  changes & a retune, he decided that TV was faulty, going to replace the set.

So hopefully I can call it case closed.

0 Likes
JPR001
First Poster
Options

Unable to access BBC Teletext services on Samsung tv, have tried HD channels and radio channels to no avail, retuned tv no difference.  Looking at previous post this seems an on-going fault, unable to contact SAMSUNG again, any help out there please

0 Likes
Theyardy
Explorer
Options

My Tv was replaced with the same model by the retailer, but still no Teletext, so I've given up.

If I want text I use another TV even my portable one that runs off of car battery.

When I purchased this TV the spec's shown on Samsung's own website showed that it included teletext.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Hi all. For channels that support the teletext feature, please press the '123' button on your smart remote for over 1 second, or press the TTX/MIX button on the standard remote to bring up the teletext menu. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Theyardy
Explorer
Options

Thank you Andrew for the reply, TTX/MIX on main remote as never brought up the text menu, having just tries 123 button on the smart control, I'm sad to say still no teletex.

0 Likes
teletext
First Poster
Options

Hi

I may have found a solution, but have no idea why it works.  I found that when trying to solve the same problem I could cure it but only for a few minutes.  This told me teletext was there but how do I get it.  I have found if I disable the internet on the TV teletext works fine.  If i need to use Freeplay etc I just go to setting and enable the internet.   Not ideal but it works

0 Likes
Theyardy
Explorer
Options

Thank you for the tip, having tried it all I can say is it did not work.

Tis easier to use a fully functional TV in a different room rather than playing with this Samsung RUBBISH.

Even my little 12v vehicle TV gives Teletext, so it’s not a signal problem.

0 Likes
Sheryll 1
First Poster
Options

@TRY2HELP wrote:
do people still use teletext now day lol

Yes

Yes

0 Likes
Sheryll 1
First Poster
Options