Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Atmos Sonos Arc - Q85r / Xbox

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 10:54 AM)
Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

Hello. I know others have managed to use the Sonos Arc with the Xbox and achieve Atmos sound, so I don’t know why I cannot? I have a Samsung Q85r TV which does pass-through Atmos (and yes, the option is selected). So, Sonos Arc is plugged into the HDMI Arc port, Xbox in another HDMI port, Atmos pass-through enabled. 

When I select Dolby Atmos on the Xbox, it tells me that my sound system does not support Atmos and cannot be activated. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
MJLaw
First Poster
Options

Wow what a couple of frustrating few days trying to get D.atmos! Samsung tv netflix app does not support D.Atmos. Netflix app on xbox one x does but i get no sound! being told the tv is blocking it. do not have earc but do get an atmos version through sky q and amazon prime through arc. terrific sound bar, think the tv is letting me down somehow

0 Likes
Gaz09
Journeyman
Options
I’m getting Atmos from Netflix app on the TV?
0 Likes
OJ_McSplodge
First Poster
Options
How did you manage to get SkyQ and native apps to work with Atmos? I currently use the HD Fury Vertex 2 for Sky DD+ to work but no success with native apps. 
0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Its the same issue as mentioned in this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/potential-major-issue-with-2020-samsung-tv-s-with-one-connect... 

Join the band-wagon and curry up some more attention so Samsung puts more than one programmer onto the issue.

Whats happened is they released an update to "fix" it, and naturally its broken it even further.

It effects all 2020 series QLEDs, and thus far Samsung are silent on the matter.

Its not your audio system, its the TV and its software related

0 Likes
Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

I got the Arc working by getting a different TV! Got an LG CX OLED with eArc, and it all works perfectly (and the tv is better....)

Lee184
Apprentice
Options
I have the Samsung Q85r. Was just about to buy the arc+sub. Have these issues been resolved?
0 Likes
Frbh01
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I don’t know as I ended up getting a refund from Samsung and replaced it with an LG. The issues wasn’t going to be resolved. 

0 Likes