Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Network Notification

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 10:48 PM)
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Is there someone who reads this forum able to give me a clue to solving a problem with a network notification appearing regularly in the top right hand of my tv screen. I see this has been reported previously without any advice of solution offered. Is there another means of raising this problem with someone in the know at Samsung?

The problem:

After I switch on my tv I regularly get a  network notification appearing top right hand corner of my tv screen. This finally goes after several clicks of the ok button but nevertheless is annoying to say the least .

My Samsung TV is new Model Code UE43AU7100KXXU. The notification comes and goes and informs me that the network cable is connected.

There are no problems with playing any of the internet linked apps.

My home network broadband speed is a consistent 40mbps.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction for a solution?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Just to conclude My TV OS updated automatically this morning to 1903 so I am relieved I do not have to worry about using the USB method. I now await to see if the Network Notification Notice Issue is now resolved. Many Thanks for the Help.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Giraffe  Glad the Tv updated successfully, hopefully Network notification solved.  Usually the firmware specifically  for Windows is fine, though it ay be a Windows 11 issue and there is one for all operating systems.  

This is the changelog I have for 1903 (posted in the German community)

Update version 1903 - January 2022

• The interaction of Dolby Atmos in connection with Netflix/USB/DLNA and the Denon AVR-X3600H has been improved.
  • YouTube/YouTube TV preview improvements.
  • Improvements to the NFL app related to video sharpness.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Thanks James everything OK for now.
0 Likes
jdsteph12
Apprentice
Options

The repeating Network Cable Connected message is also appearing on The Frame series on a Gigabit wired connection.  Latest software update is 1807, so hopefully they will release an update soon to fix the annoying popup.  Assuming this isn't happening for the majority of folks that use WiFi connections.

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Hi jdsteph
Have you checked your ethernet cable? The reason I raise this is that I had a further instance with the Network Notification appearing after the TV OS update which led me to look at my cable. The one I had originally used was a cat5 which I hadn't given a second thought to until the persistent notification issue. I do not know much if anything about ethernet cables but what I did find with the one I had installed that it only appeared to have three wires at the connector. I looked through some other spare leads and found a cat5 with four wires. I fitted as a replacement and since then now over three weeks ago the network Notice has not reappeared so I am now thinking the ethernet cable I originally installed may have been the actual cause of the notification issue.Ethernet cable types seems to be quite a complicated piece of kit and I do not profess to have a clear understanding Samsung recommendation appears to be for a cat 7 cable for my TV but as the cat 5 I now have fitted appears to work OK I will leave my installation as it is working OK for now. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
jdsteph12
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion.  I saw where the manual mentioned a Cat 7 STP cable which I thought had to be over-kill for 100/10 Mbps speed.  It looks like I had a Cat 5e cable, so swapped it out for a Cat 6.  Will see if that solves the issue.  Thanks again for the tip!

0 Likes
SPK64
First Poster
Options

I have same problem- my tv is UE50AU9007KXXU software 1904.0, BT-S. The software is updated remotely by the agent. Still no solution. Ideally Samsung should replace the TV or rectify the problem. The notification comes up around 30 minutes after switching the tv on and then intermittently- either is it network cable connected or disconnected. It pops up with a sound- the top right hand corner is occupied by this notification. I am disappointed that Samsung have no solution

0 Likes
jdsteph12
Apprentice
Options

SPK64, the messages stopped after I swapped out my CAT-5e Ethernet cable for a CAT-8 cable.  I had tried a CAT-6 shielded cable but still received the messages.  The port must check for the grounded/shielded cable which seems like a ridiculous check.  The TV only requires a minimum network connection of  10 Mbps, so the requirement of a CAT-7 or CAT-8 is overkill.  But, this resolved the issue for me.

0 Likes
JohnDD35
First Poster
Options

Doesn’t work on TVs 

0 Likes
HelloLori
First Poster
Options

My Samsung TV has never been able to update. All it has ever done is the wheel of death for hours… year after year. Looking further, I see that many Samsung owners report the same thing. Every time I turn on my tv.. I get the network error code… even though I’m hooked up to my network and can get my streaming services. It’s annoying that this error stays put until I exit out of it. Alternately, when using smart hub and selecting anything through my streaming services… when I hit the middle button (between the arrow keys) it ALWAYS boots me back to HDMI 1… it usually takes about 6 tries before I’m successful. This is stressful, since there are not apps for all my services. 

0 Likes