Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My TV guide option is missing the thumbnail picture which used to show in the corner of the screen

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 01:18 PM)
Jumbella
Apprentice
Options

I have the following TV SAMSUNG - QE49Q7FAM 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV.   When clicking on the integrated TV guide I am not seeing   the smaller picture  ( thumbnail) of  the TV programme with audio. Instead the guide completely covers the screen with no  picture  or audio.   Can you please advise.  I have gone through all the settings and cannot work out why. 

Instructional  videos  clearly show  when  turning on the TV guide a smaller image of the Tv programme  ( thumbnail )  and so you can still see and hear the programme whilst looking through the  integrated TV guide. 

Tv works fine otherwise.    Any tips would be helpful especially if its no longer available on my TV  then I will stop looking. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jumbella
Apprentice
Options

I now have the answer. Basically double check that you have the latest software update then turn off the TV at the plug and wait for 5/10 minutes then turn it back on  ( in my case I also had to reset the TV  also  and hey presto the thumbnail returned  

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Jumbella
Apprentice
Options

I now have the answer. Basically double check that you have the latest software update then turn off the TV at the plug and wait for 5/10 minutes then turn it back on  ( in my case I also had to reset the TV  also  and hey presto the thumbnail returned  

0 Likes
Mattman3000
First Poster
Options

Hi Glad it got solved. 

how did you find this out?

I would love for this to work for my frame tv but there aren’t any settings to enable it. 

cheers

Matt

0 Likes
Jumbella
Apprentice
Options

Hi Matt   In my case it was to do with what my TV ariel was tuned too.  I had  originally thought it was a Tv setting but when I did autotune I had  accidently selected an option that came with picture in picture view  But I noted that I was not receiving the full range of TV programmes so I  then did another autotune and selected Free sat and the picture in picture view disappeared but I was receiving the full Tv guide.   I then auto tuned again selecting ? satellite and the picture in picture returned. So it seemed to me to be related to whether  to which TV ariel I had selected.  Hope that that works for  you 

0 Likes