Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting the Slim One Connect Box to a wall or TV

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 09:55 PM)
BroadSword2412
Student
Options

Just bought the 65’’ QN65B, but was not aware that to save space / weight, everything comes in a separate box - the new Slim One Connect Box (SOCB). As I’d just had a new extension purpose built, I’d already run power and a CAT6 cable to sit behind where a TV would go on the wall (everything being hidden from view). I’d also run hidden HDMI cables behind the wall from floor height for any AV receiver / home cinema system. So I was left with a quandary as to how to either fix the heavy SOCB to the back of the TV or directly on to the wall.

Eventually, after failing to get a satisfactory answer from Samsung support, I bought some strong Velcro tape that had an adhesive back. Two strips around 20cm long were fixed to the wall and the box. I also cut a wooden rail to provide some additional support - although this was really not essential as the Velcro is incredibly strong.

Here’s a photo of how it looks next to the Invision heavy duty bracket holding the TV.

92EB09C9-F695-43E9-8EE2-38F20181DC30.jpeg

The only challenge was getting the end of the One Connect cable behind the TV VESA frame, which I had to remount and place the cable first before rehanging the TV on the wall.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
First Poster
Options
'
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I have the 2021 version it's a beast, mine is not wall mounted so the One Connect Box sits lower down and away from the TV. I get the idea of the one cable but its not long enough.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes