Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor setting greyed out u28e590

(Topic created on: 26-01-2019 12:01 PM)
Ignavus100
First Poster
Options

I have no access to the monitor settings on my u28e590. When I go into settings all I get is this. All other options greyed out. Can not adjust picture or control monitor in any way. Tried with hdmi and DisplayPort connections and get same issue. Same issue when monitor disconnected from pc. What am I doing wrong?image.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
Tangerinedon
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue with a SynchMatser SA350  model LS23A350HS/EN

It has been working fine but one day would not detect imputs to  VGA or  HDMI

The menu acts as described by previous posters can only select

Setup&Reset and seb menu item PC/AV mode but cannot change that mode from PC

There is no menu lock on, which if on according to the manual would not disable 

all of these menu functions.

Can anybody advise , as the monitor appears not to be "dead" just locked up in a strange mode.

Please sensible post only not "have you read the manual", have you tried tuning it off and on etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
absolutchele
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue. Has anyone found a fix?

0 Likes
ThomasThomas
First Poster
Options

Though there is no logic,

my brightness was greyed out

i entered the menu, setup&reset ans switched Smart ECO saving off

and then i could control brightness.

Go figure....

0 Likes
AdonisSilva
First Poster
Options

Problem is that, at the state the monitor is in, I can't select any other option. I can't even reach the Smart ECO button.

0 Likes
MrsMuz
First Poster
Options

‘Menu options greyed out’ RESOLVED!

> You need a spare HDMI lead and another device (a TV Box, DVD player, Roku stick, anything you can connect via HDMI)

> Connect the 2nd device to the other HDMI port. Go to source (push ; left) and make sure you have selected HDMI1 and HDMI2.

> You should see a split screen.

> Go to Menu (push ; up ; push)

> Go to PIP/PBP and turn to OFF mode (down ;  right ; push ; OFF ; push)

0 Likes
MrsMuz
First Poster
Options

‘Brightness Greyed out’ This happened to me. I fixed it by turning off Game mode.

Menu > Picture > Scroll down to Game Mode > OFF

0 Likes
JustinCase1
First Poster
Options

Menu > PICTURE > (go very down) HDMI Black Level: Normal

you 'r welcome!

0 Likes
TheRealBlackWidow
First Poster
Options

Running into the exact same issue with model c32h711qen. I've had it with no issues for a couple of years, then yesterday out of the blue the same menu options were greyed out and OS X mojave no longer detects it. any insight on a resolution? 

0 Likes
Estraduuh
First Poster
Options

I know I'm a little late to the party, but in search for a fix to my similar problem, I figured it out and fixed it for myself. 

The way it worked for me was to go into the Windows 'display settings' and make sure that the HDR option is ticked off. Your screen will reset and then you should be able to go into your monitor settings and see that nothing is grayed out anymore. Hope this helped someone!

0 Likes
Members_RTsQip4
First Poster
Options

I recently solved the Problem by checking Cable. After plug-out and in again, the menu was there again. Looks like there was some missing contact inside the Cable which leads to missing Monitor Informations.
Just check the cable and replace it if its possible.