Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M70A Smart Monitor apps not working

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 08:07 PM)
Tinkertoy
Apprentice
Options

I have set up my M70A Smart monitor, NetFlix, Prime, UKTV and YouTube works great.  BBC sounds and iPlayer does not work.  The connecting wheel turns and then tells me that the app is not available for the device but its listed.  How can this be?

I removed the apps from the Hub bar, turned off and then tried to re-install but on trying it tells me the apps are already installed!!!! 

Don't tell me I have to reset to factory settings as I this takes another portion of my life I wish to preserve.  P.S  Systems software has been updated.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
PhilW2
Journeyman
Options

Because I bought my monitor primarily for business use, I was directed to Samsung's Business Support services who have, to date, been pretty helpful and responsive. I have sent the BBC's response to them and they in turn have forwarded the BBC's response to their Head Office. Let's see what happens. I'll post anything new here.

A1998
Apprentice
Options

Thanks PhilW2. Hopefully they will get back to you soon. Keep us posted.

0 Likes
PhilW2
Journeyman
Options
Latest from Samsung Business Services...
Hi Phil,

I am sorry that there are issues with the BBC iPlayer app, I have had it confirmed that it is something that Samsung are working to resolve although it is not as simple as asking for certification I will come back to you once I have more information.

I'll keep updating here as and when.
PhilW2
Journeyman
Options
On the off chance, I tried the BBC iPlayer app this morning and it works. Be interesting to know if it works for others too.
0 Likes
A1998
Apprentice
Options

Hi PhilW2. 
Thanks for the update. I also just tried and it was a success! Seems to all be solved now. Thanks for your efforts. 

jw191919
First Poster
Options

BBC iPlayer does not seem to work on my M7 that I purchased this week. I've updated the firmware and gone through the usual steps with the Chat Support.

Can I check if it's still working for others? My model is LS43AM700UUXXU (just to check it's the same for those who were able to get it to work).

0 Likes
PhilW2
Journeyman
Options
Working for me. Have you updated the apps too?
0 Likes