Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCM through eARC with QN95A

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 12:54 PM)
JW88
Pioneer
Options

When are Samsung going to fix this?

For example, choosing LPCM output from PS5, passthrough option gets greyed out in TV. Changing back to Dolby in PS5 we get Passthrough again.

But then to next problem, then we are not getting good passthrough, we often get delayed audio, depending on what Dolby encode format we passthrough. It's like the tv still does something with the audio before it passthroughs.

High resolution audio works without error if I connect directly to sound system. But not if I connect to tv and try to passthrough. So it is the tv at fault, not anything else.

-------------------------
QN95A + HW-Q960A
PS5, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
MMyky
Pioneer
Options

Unfortunately I know the situation. 

Samsung made a misstake back in 2020 and now they are trying to cover it.

It was false marketing and because of that I returned my Q80T.

All the models from year 2020 do not support LPCM and never will. Just few days back they changed their web site information: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-earc-and-how-to-set-on-samsung-smart-t...

Fortunately I have back up of the original web page. I have only one thing to say to Samsung: Stop lying and take responsibility of your actions. Make an public apology to web site and make a recall to all units.

V303
First Poster
Options

Hello

I was wondering did the 1906 HDMI firmware update fix the issues or is it still a manual update job? I have the qn95a and am looking at combining with the 930b soundbar option which offers wireless Dolby Atmos. I'm not sound savvy but would I get Atmos via the way you've setup? Do I need an AVR as you mentioned earlier? I was hoping to utilise 4k passthrough (still learning how that works).

Please forgive me I'm trying to educate myself but the breadth of my knowledge is an s61a that came bundled with my qn95a 😅. Would really appreciate any help or guidance. My main aim is watching 4k bluray discs via PS5 and getting Atmos!

0 Likes
Gleny90
Student
Options

Hi i have a S95B Oled and that has same issue when i have PC connected to the tv as i want the 120hz and my amp only dose 4k 60hz. Samsung is telling me there is no issue with the tv. but i know there is as I'm spoken with NVIDIA and they said its not there end after actually looking. So i have they get there but into gear and fix this on all there tvs ASAP.

i get right, left, center, then rear right also comes though center and rear right dos no sound when connected to tv. and my "pass-though" on audio is grayed out. but if i have my chromcast ultra in it it works fine all Ch and has pass though.

0 Likes
ayhamkutit
Journeyman
Options

Any luck with this? I'm in the same boat now that I bought a Q990B

When I connect Apple TV to my QN95A directly, I either get Atmos or 5.1 by changing the settings....

Gleny90
Student
Options

No Luck yet for me. 😞 I had to resort to passing video via HDMI to TV and disabling sound over HDMI at the PC end. then use PC onboard Sound Card Optical to Receiver and it seemed lipsyc fine. and to get CRC to work was tricky as i had to let the tv connect to pc first then sit for a min then i could change the amp input to the optical input as it would jump back to Tv input on the amp if i did it too soon. It would be much better if they fixed the issue than having to find work around 😕

0 Likes
ayhamkutit
Journeyman
Options

Can you please share how you updated the HDMI firmware? 

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

I contacted Samsung Support and they did it by remote connection.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
ayhamkutit
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, can you please also share how you contacted them? All I get from them is phone support which is hopeless

0 Likes
JW88
Pioneer
Options

it was phone support.  They connected to my tv as we spoke on phone.

QN95A + HW-Q960A
0 Likes
ayhamkutit
Journeyman
Options

I'm so sorry but can you share the number you called please?

0 Likes