Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV home shortcut won't stay deleted

(Topic created on: 25-09-2018 11:27 PM)
KDgamer
Explorer
Options

I don't watch live TV and have removed this app from my home screen but every time the TV is taken out of standby the home icon for it is back. Is this happening for every one?

Photo:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QpBiC7y7W6PSqcNx7

50 REPLIES 50
Corydmch
Student
Options

TV is not connected to a coax or antenna source. When you remove "Live Cable Tv" tiles from the home bar it will add itself back in within a number of hours. I don't watch live TV and I shouldn't have to deal with Samsung forcing it and adds on me.

RockinRog
Explorer
Options

You know, those simple Over The Air (OTA) HD Antenna's like these found here https://www.cnet.com/news/the-best-tv-antennas-for-cord-cutters-in-2019/ 

Like these...https://amzn.to/2VKWtbm 

0 Likes
RockinRog
Explorer
Options

Yes, he likely meant ANT IN.

0 Likes
Pieter53
Journeyman
Options

Did anybody verify the procedure of "LuckfileWalker" 

1. Connect internal antenna (just to see if there is any air signal reaching my bedroom);
  2. Unplug the antenna;
  3. Remove Live TV shortcut;
  4. And even after rebooting the TV the shortcut stayed delete.
0 Likes
na12
First Poster
Options

yes, it works. you need at least one tv channel to remove live tv shortcut. but if you will rescan channels and there will be 0 channels the shortcut will come back

Pieter53
Journeyman
Options

Oke. Thx for your reply. I will try it.

0 Likes
maisondasilva
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem, I never used a local antenna, do I need to do a search to at least save a channel to solve the problem?

Thanks

0 Likes
Pieter53
Journeyman
Options

I haven't tried it because I do not have a cable/antenna. I moved the antenne icon completely to the right just to see it less. 

0 Likes
donhac
First Poster
Options

@na12 wrote:

yes, it works. you need at least one tv channel to remove live tv shortcut. but if you will rescan channels and there will be 0 channels the shortcut will come back

So you can only remove "Live TV" from the screen if there are live TV channels that you are actually able to watch, but if live TV is not an option for you (because there is no signal in your area) you are forced to have a useless "Live TV" option on screen forever?

Thank you for the answer, but Samsung should be embarassed for shipping this.  This is the dumbest software specification I've ever seen.

0 Likes
AndersK
First Poster
Options

Agreed - not smart

but an antenna is not needed to circumvent this.

simply configure a program manually:

settings > broadcasting > expert settings > manual tuning > analogue channel tuning > new

then specify a programme number and any channel ( without a cable it will be white noise) and save.

you now have a programmed channel with no signal.

and now you can remove "Live TV" from the start menu. And it seems to stay away