Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UE82NU8000 and Xbox Series X and smart remote control

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 09:41 PM)
rinzler
Journeyman
Options

Hi All, 

I have a new xbox series X and as other posts have suggested I have updated to the latest firmware for my TV via usb (currently ver 1310.4) 
So new xbox is now reconised when you plug in a hdmi and it assigns the correct (Xbox logo) icon but I'm no longer able to control the console via the Universal smart remote, Easy enough fix i thought but  when you go to universal remote and set the console up for smart remote control which it correctly identifies and allows the remote to work correctly.

it then reverts the TV icon to the generic Game Console icon and not the xbox logo

Any one else having similar issues? 

35 REPLIES 35
QuantumCommando
Apprentice
Options

Good news everyone! The issue (the actual main issue posted not the different side issues) is now fixed in the latest firmware. You may need to install by USB as the stupid OS doesn’t recognize latest versions half the time. So now when I go to manually add remote for Xbox (doesn’t work with auto detect) the Xbox logo remains and remote functions. Keep in mind I had to use the third remote code or whatever it is to get it fully functioning. I don’t believe the IR has anything to do with this but I could be wrong.

0 Likes
PetrVob
Student
Options

I have latest available version of Samsung TV firmware (1310.4). In Universal Remote on TV  is not choice "Xbox Serie X/S" and with any other (XBox, XBox One, XboxOneMediaRemote...) it does not works. In Xbox setting is not possible add Samsung remote controller 😞

0 Likes
Hanky1
First Poster
Options

Idk. I was able to select ‘Xbox’ and it was the first try selected by the remote. As I said in an earlier post, make sure u r aiming the Samsung remote at the ‘pair’ button on the lower portion of the console. That is where the IR sensor is located. I also changed an Xbox Series X setting that might be a part of this, but I’m unsure. I wonder if it was necessary to go to your Xbox settings -> General -> Power Mode and Startup -> TV and Power Options and check the box for HDMI-CEC, and the only one I selected was ‘Other devices can turn console off.’ I believe this/these settings are more for the Xbox to control other devices, but perhaps this was needed for other devices to control Xbox?

0 Likes
Caden Brooks
First Poster
Options

Okay hear me out, and I know it might seem way too simple, but make sure there are no other signals in the same area of the specified Xbox. For example, I had the same issue and after about 20 minutes of searching the web, and finding nothing, I simply pushed my old Xbox to the side, and voilà! It worked. (Check photos for references, and please excuse the disgusting setup, as I have just moved into my new house)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I then realized it was the other Xbox (which my remote worked fine on) was blocking the connection for the new one… I hope this helps someone else out there!  

0 Likes
DavidAPC
First Poster
Options

I had this problem and finally found a solution.

Press Home button, and in the menu at the bottom of the screen, go to Sources. You'll see HDMI1, HDMI2... etc. Keep scrolling right until you hit Universal Remote. Then hit New Device, select XBox, and then select whichever HDMI port your XBox is on. (You should have a window showing what each HDMI is showing, so make sure your XBox Series X is on so you can choose the right one)

At this stage, it should show you a live preview of your XBox, and then let you select these arrow buttons on screen. Try selecting the buttons a few times and seeing if they control your XBox menu. If they don't, select "No" in the menu below the arrow buttons, and then try again. It'll go through about 4 different configurations, so keep trying until you find the arrow buttons control the XBox menu.

When it works, select "Yes" and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Okay, so it turns out that this only made it work with regular Infra Red (IR) control. If I block the remote front with my hand, I can still control the TV but no longer control the XBox. This really sucks. The PS4 & PS3 didn't need direct line of sight, I don't know why the SX is having a hard time despite being a more advanced console.

0 Likes
B4three
Student
Options

Thanks.. this worked for me on my Samsung QNBD 65”. It was maddening trying to figure this out

0 Likes