Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UE82NU8000 and Xbox Series X and smart remote control

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 02:38 PM)
rinzler
Journeyman
Options

Hi All, 

I have a new xbox series X and as other posts have suggested I have updated to the latest firmware for my TV via usb (currently ver 1310.4) 
So new xbox is now reconised when you plug in a hdmi and it assigns the correct (Xbox logo) icon but I'm no longer able to control the console via the Universal smart remote, Easy enough fix i thought but  when you go to universal remote and set the console up for smart remote control which it correctly identifies and allows the remote to work correctly.

it then reverts the TV icon to the generic Game Console icon and not the xbox logo

Any one else having similar issues? 

35 REPLIES 35
Josh33
First Poster
Options

Same problem here!

DenialUSMC
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem. It worked perfectly with the Xbox One, but now has very little interaction with the Series X.

rinzler
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully Samsung are aware and it will be fixed in a future update 

Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, Samsung UE82NU8002. TV recognizes new xbox, but doesnt know him so much. This should be fixed, its so annoying.

spiteface
First Poster
Options

Same problem - very frustrating to have to constantly look for an xbox controller now when I just want to move between apps / change what I'm watching on youtube 

rinzler
Journeyman
Options

its nice to know im not alone with this although it is very frustrating 

oilfan77
First Poster
Options

Q90T, same issue.  This worked seamless on my Q70R with Xbox One X, but does not on my Q90T with Series X.  Please fix this Samsung.

arigato
First Poster
Options

hello, i wanted to reach out regarding this as i had the same issue with my 32q50. was able to manually connect my series x with my tv though.

go to source > select universal remote > new device > select game console > select either tv directly or home theater > select xbox > calibrate the buttons and confirm. 

you may need to directly point remote at the xbox for best connection but it works.

hope this helps!

Killca_cze
Journeyman
Options

Nice, gonna try tonight, but still for 4K settings with 120hz it still needs to update firmware of hdmi 2.0 to hdmi 2.1

0 Likes