Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete search results

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 05:42 PM)
sqtv
Student
Options

When I search for a TV show using the Smart Hub search, I can see results from Apple TV and YouTube but there is nothing for Netflix or Amazon. The Netflix and Amazon apps are working fine and I'm logged into both. Should I expect to be able to search all shows using the SmartHub or do some apps restrict searching? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
superman123
Journeyman
Options
yeah that happens
0 Likes
sqtv
Student
Options

Are you saying it's not possible to get Netflix and Amazon results? Thanks

0 Likes
TheSloth
First Poster
Options

I have this problem, but I only get YouTube results. Were you able to fix it?

K7nos
Student
Options

Anyone had any success with this? It has been driving me mad for months 

enreiter
First Poster
Options

Yeah, same here! I've tried all of the obvious things - resetting the Smart Hub, making sure all software was up to date, etc - and can't get it (the SH search feature) to recognize the majority of the content across the small handful of apps that we use...resulting in many an anticlimactic evening of 'manually' combing through each one. The TV itself was purchased new less than two years ago, and shouldn't be having such basic issues.

Morian
First Poster
Options

So this is still not working. I bought a samsung TV because I like the way the system looked, but am frustrated with the fact that I have to manually search for shows for my kids. When is this going to fixed?

0 Likes
2much
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem here.  My previous tv was a Toshiba "FireTv".  Picture quality didn't compare with the Samsung.  But content search on Samsung is terrible.  All YouTube non-sense.  Sorry to see it hasn't been addressed yet.  A definite blow to the idea of this being a "Smart" tv.

0 Likes
Fredrik Oviedo
First Poster
Options

Got The Frame 2023 years model and I get only YouTube-results as well, regardless of using Bixby or Google Assistant, although Netflix, Disney+, HBO MAX, Apple TV, Prime video are installed, logged in and streams it’s content perfectly.

I’ve talked to 4(!) support representatives and no one could remedy the problem. The best possible theory that I came up with (and they supported that idea) was that the TV model is so new that a combination of Samsung app search support and the app’s own search support for Tizen OS was not updated fast enough.

I’m thinking, how come you sell a TV with WORSE functionality than it’s predecessors? Why should I as a customer ever buy the latest and “greatest” from Samsung, if, ever again?

0 Likes
Sahbee
Apprentice
Options

I have the 2018 Q9F QLED and my SH was working fine until a week ago. Now any searches say “ no search results found. Try searching for a movie, program, channel, or application.”  I spent 2 hours on the phone with Samsung support who claimed they never heard of this issue, and after we tried numbers SH and system resets they gave up. Hoping you may know of a solve. 

0 Likes