Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image noise after the 1497 firmware update

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 10:55 PM)
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options
continuing my notes about 1497 fw update bugs , this is a proof about the " image noise " happening to my 1080p mp4 video which is played through a nvidia 2080 ti , the q95t is set as pc monitor in standard and dynamic even with other modes , the windows 10 resolution is at 2k , before this 1497 update the hd videos were crisp and cristal clear now after the update they become " noisy and fuzzy " , like if Samsung has added some sort of " screen filter " above the image and video playback , like if this procedure is meant to decrease blooming when gaming i dont know , please helpBuilding a gaming PC at… WALMART-.mp4 (0_09_46) 000002.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Arve
Apprentice
Options

Thats what you get for buying a Samsung TV. They always downgrade the picture quality on older TV models, whenever a new model comes out. They are known for this. 

Sadly, it will never be fixed. It was done on purpose.

0 Likes
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options
i'm always setting my hdmi input to PC MODE , and it was stunning for media consumption not gaming because i use my pc for work and multimedia , but the picture quality degrades after the 1497 firmware even with the same settings that were perfect for me previously , so i get the same conclusion over and over and that is the 1497 fw has limited the brightness and the cpu voltage and by consequence has detriorated the tv media experience for me , watching my q95t in 2k resolution like watching a cheap chinese tv model , tv is less backlight bright more dimmed and the SDR content are ugly fuzzy and noisy .

0 Likes