Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines/Scan lines on Q90T

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 08:45 PM)
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Have the 55 inch Q90T and I'm having some issues with it. The main one is horizontal lines or waves moving up the screen constantly. This only occurs in game mode using any of the HDMI ports. The only way to remove them from the TV is to activate Game Motion Plus but I don't want to use this as it adds input lag and reduces picture quality even further than Game Mode already does. It's worth noting this doesn't seem to occur when playing games at 120hz either, such as Fortnite or Cold War.

Any suggestions? I'm looking to return the TV but was hoping for a solution before I do. 

35 REPLIES 35
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Engineer due out again on the 19th. He has heard back from Samsung who have apparently advised that they can do a new software/firmware update. Not sure how that will work as I have the latest available firmware and I can't see them putting together a firmware patch just for me or giving me an update before public release. 

0 Likes
Swagabean
Journeyman
Options

I was actually told that there is a software update coming for the Q Series in around 2 weeks that should fix this!

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Holy *****. Maybe it's actually true then. If we're both being told the same thing I would hope it's true. Yay for us.

I'll keep you posted how it goes on Monday. 

0 Likes
Swagabean
Journeyman
Options

Hope so! The technician seemed pretty confident but we’ll see.

Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

Engineer been and updated to pre release firmware 2010. Issue is still there. Big sigh. I can't see this getting fixed now. 

0 Likes
geodion
Journeyman
Options

I contact samsung support and an engineer got logs to invest it and also i send them a video. He doesnt told me anything about a firmware update which will resolve the problem. 

0 Likes
Ginnnnny
Apprentice
Options

I have same issue appeared on all sources and TV modes. 

If I put sky news on its there, of I put a movie on its there, if I put my pc (3080 4k 120hz) it's there. 

Is the screen broken?  It wasn't there before and TV has been kept offline. 

0 Likes
Mortalitas
Explorer
Options

In your case it sounds like it may be a hardware failure as it has suddenly appeared. I'd try your luck with Samsung support if it's under warranty. 

0 Likes
Ginnnnny
Apprentice
Options

Thanks mortal, 

Yeah I just factory reset mine and unplugged it still the same. Also mine is little squares and lines. 

I will return it. 

Ps I hope you get your issue sorted, I found TV great for gaming as long as used 120hz and renamed the input. 

Iggy1404
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

I recently bought Q80T. It was perfect until I noticed the issue with horizontal traveling lines while in one of PS5 menus.

Turning game motion plus removes it, but I prefer not to use that option since it adds input lag. I also noticed that turning on GMP fixes washed out color of TV's menu. For some reason having game mode on without GMP slows down TV's menu and washes out its color.

Does anyone have any news about potential fix for horizontal lines? To me it looks like an issue with refresh rate. Might be due to PS5's lack of VRR.

EDIT: spoke to shop where I bought TV, they asked me to take it to repair center, so that's what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't expect anything really, except repair center telling me that I'm eligible for a replacement. And replacement won't be a Samsung TV, I can tell you that for sure.