Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDR not working on Q70 with xbox series x

(Topic created on: 17-12-2020 09:25 PM)
kmeyer2221
First Poster
Options

I am gaming at 120hz on series x and I have hdr  and vrr both enabled in xbox settings but hdr is not showing up on the tv icon in tv home page only the vrr and in game the hdr adjustments are greyed out. At 60hz everything functioned as it should but the picture looked like ***** just very drowned out like there was a fog or a haze. The picture looks amazing at 120 hz but it does not seem like the hdr is enabled

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SteinSung
First Poster
Options

Old post, I know. Is this the Q70 or Q70R? Not the Q70T or Q70A (2020 and 2021 models respectively)? HDMI 2.0 limits you to 4K 60hz or 1440p 120hz, one or the other. HDR also requires a 4K display signal, because of the smaller pipeline that is 1440p 120hz mode. I've tried, I got a Q70R myself.

0 Likes
SteinSung
First Poster
Options

Also, you must calibrate the TV picture settings separately for both SDR (8-bit) and HDR (10-bit) modes. Follow the calibration guides in the Xbox's display settings, and in "video fidelity and overscan" settings.. color depth should be set to 8-bit, and color space set to Standard (also make sure TV's HDMI Black Level is set to Low or Auto, it must match what the console is putting out.)

0 Likes
cbw5101
First Poster
Options

I have the exactly same issue.  my XSX runs 120 hz on my Samsung Q70A (2021 model), but the HDR is greyed out.  In the game, like Elden Ring, the HDR is greyed out too.  I tried replaced the original HDMI cable with a new a really fancy and expensive one ordered from Amazon, supporting 4K @144 hz with 48 gbps bandwidth.  The HDR is still greyed out.   I also tried calibrate the TV with HDR and SDR.

No luck.  anyone has ideas how to my my Q70A work with XSX?

0 Likes