Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame 55 2022 - chirping/bleeping noise

(Topic created on: 12-12-2022 01:05 PM)
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Hello

I am hearing a chirping/beeping noise from bottom right hand side of TV. It’s quiet and intermittent but very annoying. 

The Samsung technical team have been informed and they’re monitoring the situation. 

But I wanted to see if others have experienced the issue and have managed to sort it. 

Go to solution
88 REPLIES 88
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Indeed. My replacement is due next week. I am not holding my breath (others have had the issue with multiple devices) 

I’ve created a subreddit so affected users can keep in touch: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheFrame/comments/zqismt/chirpingbleepingchiming_noise/?utm_source=share&ut...

0 Likes
4realb
First Poster
Options

Same, I have a 75" 2022 model.  Sound is intermittent, TV is hung on the wall, cord run through wall cavity.  Mine is relatively quiet, but during a quiet scene in a movie or similar situation, it is intrusive and annoying.

0 Likes
Honeymonster
Journeyman
Options

So glad to know it's not just me, a 43" Frame (2022). I'm onto my second one now and exactly the same problem.. Samsung really wasting peoples time shopping faulty TVs...

Similar bad experience with customer service..not interested, I'm actually amazed how bad they are, had always thought of Samsung as a decent brand.

0 Likes
Mark frame
Apprentice
Options

Samsung asked me to take a video which I did. The noise was audible in the video, but a support team member told me firstly that they couldn't hear it, and then that the noise was "within specification"

really disappointing - definitely suffering buyers remorse

0 Likes
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

My replacement turned up a few minutes ago. Will update you once set up. 
hopefully I can return if there is still an issue. 

0 Likes
Honeymonster
Journeyman
Options

It's so high pitched it's actually quite hard to hear in a video. How on earth can they tell that from a video, terrible service.

0 Likes
Honeymonster
Journeyman
Options

Fingers crossed for you. Would love to get to the bottom of it working out what it is and find a fix, but without Samsung trying to help me, I think I might just have to return it.

0 Likes
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

I don’t know how they can determine that it’s within spec without an on-site test!

I’ve also channeled the one connect box wires into the walls. So I really do hope the new set is ok. 

0 Likes
Honeymonster
Journeyman
Options

Samsung support are telling me it's the switch mode power supply..it's normal to make that noise and it's not a fault. Awful they are shipping these.

0 Likes
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Wall mounted the replacement yesterday. 
issue still persists but a lot quieter (need to have ear next to set to hear) and less frequent. 
Currently manageable. But my concern is that the issue becomes more acute over time. 
as such, I will flag with Samsung to preserve any rights for a refund. 

0 Likes