(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 02:56 PM)
Nothappy1978
Journeyman
Options

I have a faulty tv within 3 years.

9 REPLIES 9
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Nothappy1978. Just to let you know, I moved your post from the other thread, so that it gets the attention it requires.

I am sorry to learn that you have encountered an issue with your TV. Please can you let me know which TV model you are using and can you also elaborate on the fault that you have encountered?

Your TV product codes are located on a label on the back panel of your TV. 

If you have a smart TV, you can also find the model code and serial number through the settings menu. 

0 Likes
Nothappy1978
Journeyman
Options
Model code
UE43NU7470

The t.v now has a black screen.
I have gone through all diagnostic checks. Spoken with an independent engineer and confirmed the backlight is faulty.
The retailer said i am not covered by warranty.
I'm disappointed because the t.v is only 3 years old.

PaulM1
Options

Thanks for confirming what you have tried so far, @Nothappy1978. If you're based in the UK, I'd recommend reaching out to one of our Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Alternatively, you could arrange a chargeable repair with an Authorised Engineer here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

You would be prompted to through some troubleshooting steps and, if these do not resolve the display issue, arranging an inspection and repair of your TV would be the logical next step.

Please update the thread and let us know when you get this resolved.

Nothappy1978
Journeyman
Options
I have tried all diagnostic checks.
Different power cable, etc..
Back-light is faulty..
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I apologise that I wasn't as clear as I could have been, @Nothappy1978. The self-service repair portal will not allow you to skip ahead to the repair stage, so please just let it know the steps you have followed and the last part will initiate the inspection and repair.

As part of that process, you will be called be the Home Appliances Team to discuss your options. 

0 Likes
Nothappy1978
Journeyman
Options
Thanks
Nothappy1978
Journeyman
Options
Be will be saying goodbye to Samsung products..
I'm not paying for a repair.

trojan75
Explorer
Options
Just wasted an hour on chatbox with same issue with smartthings for absolutely no help whatsoever 😒 with same type of issue
0 Likes
jinky1888
First Poster
Options
I have bought many Samsung products .I bought a Samsung tv but I am disappointed with the it. I have only had for 13 months and there are lots of dark patches on the screen
0 Likes