Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent models

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 01:41 PM)
Makeurmark
First Poster
Options

I am looking at upgrading my TV. My UE558000 has served me really well. Best TV I have ever owned.

Can anyone advise me on the 2020 Samsung equivalent to this TV?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Makeurmark ,

I'm glad to hear that you would like to get one of our TVs, however, it's really difficult to say which one is the equivalent to this one on its release day, so we would advise having a look at the available models here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/all-tvs/ so you can find the most suitable for your necessities. 

0 Likes
Makeurmark
First Poster
Options

I have to be honest, my UE55 D8000 produced a fault after 8 years. I had KNOWHOW breakdown cover so I needed advice on a like for like TV just in case my trusted TV of 8 years was irreparable.

I did actually receive a txt from KNOWHOW two days after collection confirming their engineers were unable to repair my TV.

Expecting a phone call to discuss my options I actually received an email with a e-gift voucher of £599. Initially I was in shock as I had originally paid £1,800 for my UE55 D8000. But after considering how technology change so quickly I came to realise that perhaps the e-gift voucher would provide a replacement TV like for like.

After checking out the QLED range I soon realised I was barking up the wrong tree. I eventually ordered a UE65 TU8500, adding £200 of my own money.

I really hope the picture quality is as good as my old TV. If the quality is better then I will be over the moon.

0 Likes