Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling, downloading, and installing third party apps

(Topic created on: 24-12-2022 03:02 PM)
_Gus_
Student
Options

Hey all, so I recently bought the following Samsung TV:

TV: 43" TU7020 Crystal UHD 4K HDR Smart TV (2020)
Model code: UE43TU7020KXXU
Software: T-KTSU2DEUC-2013.3

And I'm really struggling to enable, download, and install 3rd party apps. The initial problem that I encounter in enabling the installing of the "unknown source" feature. I don't have the Genral>Personal tab, hence I can't change the setting there. When I try and search the setting in e-Manual nothing useful shows up, same with developer mode, can't seem to find it nor alter it. Whilst I'm not 100% sure, I think the operating system is Tizen. Hence, I could download something like ACL and then install apk's from that. But my Samsung TV can't seem to see the .tpk ACL file. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do, cause there must be a way around this, or so I hope. More than happy to give more specific info if required. Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi try this video on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/JTEBQEqc6Jg
santa90
First Poster
Options

hi have you found the solution? I am also facing the same issue

0 Likes
_Gus_
Student
Options

Hello, unfortunately in the end I just gave up, feels like I tried the major solutions. Annoyingly,  the easiest solution is to probably buy a Firestick or something similar. 

0 Likes
OlivierJM
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue too, I don't think that option is there for the new version of the OS.

0 Likes
scalabrin
Student
Options

The option is not there. This TV cannot be changed at all... 😡

0 Likes
scalabrin
Student
Options

I have a similar issue. I used to connect to an Internet TV through the browser because the app is not available. Now the Internet TV is not supported by the Samsung Internet browser.

I cannot install the Internet TV APP.

I cannot install a standard browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

I cannot watch an Internet TV through a so called Smart TV.

I lost hours finding a solution. The only one I have is to throw this TV away and buy a better one...........

samir5
First Poster
Options

samsung should be hang for this tizen os

ZTE1
First Poster
Options

What is this .tpk ACL file? also look how to instal third party apps -  in different language searching gets different solutions.

same problem in Russia, first of all i don't understand how to compare version of software that shows in settings of TV  (t-ktsu2deuc-2013.3) and its actual Tizen version. For istance i've Samsung 65''TU7090 (I don't know how it called on another countries - Samsung names his model different from state to state). 
Repeat i don't know what .tpk ACL  is it but i understand that tread about using side APP on Samsung TV by Tizen. I've try to another way to sort problem out - using Tizen Studio many in russian stake of network successfully use it for installing third party applications. 
BUT i don't know why Tizen Studio 5.5 is not able to connect with TV while sync it - calls "IP is not correct" so if you know please say how to sync it (i suppose that t-ktsu2deuc-2013.3 Software version s unable with Tizen 5.5., but earlier version of Tizen Studio unavailable)
So my personal solution use 4k ***** for IPTV and Netfix like programms - but it is stupid due-to you need to use router with 5g to translate on *****

0 Likes
Nonnagabbr
First Poster
Options

This post helped me find out I run 5.5

Just go with the tv browser to the site listed in the post below

https://developer.tizen.org/forums/web-application-development/knowing-what-version-tizen-on-samsung...

0 Likes