Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the Volume Display On Screen? + Potential new bug?

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 12:59 PM)
Valdebo
First Poster
Options

1. Is there a way to disable the volume display on the screen when changing the volume? The Pop-Up is very annoying...  Since the last update every time I change the volume with the Soundbar Remote Control it shows on the TV. (My current version is 1460). It didn't show before.

2. Potential new bug?? The volume on the TV doesn't even match the volume on the Soundbar anymore (for example: the volume on the TV shows "9" when the Soundbar shows "10"). Furthermore; 1-2 minutes after changing the volume, a new Pop-Up Display shows the current volume without me even touching the remote control. 

My TV is Q80T 65" and the Soundbar HW-T560. These problems occured after the last update.

Thanks for any help...

4 REPLIES 4
Ck89
Explorer
Options

Since updating to 1460 I am also having this issue. I’ve got a Samsung soundbar and previously the volume level would not display on the TV. However upon updating to 1460, changing the sound bar volume (with the sound bar remote) displays on the TV. VERY ANNOYING. 

Samsung please fix this. 

Ck89
Explorer
Options

Any update here Samsung?? Still dealing with this...

ObiJohn
Journeyman
Options

Samsung makes great TVs. Why are they continuing to frustrate and anger their customers by not sending an update with an option to disable the annoyingly large volume display that ruins movie viewing? My older Samsung TV did not have this problem. I just purchased a new 65" Samsung OLED TV and this will be my last Samsung TV if this obnoxious volume display is not fixed!! Come on Samsung, why would you want to alienate your customers??

MikeMo
Student
Options

I agree. I just got a nice QLED unit but the gigantic volume overlay is really bothering me... There really needs to be a way to turn that off.

0 Likes