Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot load BBC IPLAYER

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 11:12 AM)
carrotmuseum
Student
Options

Suddenly BBC I Player will not load. When I select it from the menu, the start up screen loads then a circle spins and after about 20 seconds the tv goes back to the broadcast channel it was on before. Other apps e.g ITV hub work fine
I have tried:
Full Power off
Delete and reinstall app
Update all apps
Restart Smart Hub
Factory reset

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My bad.  🤐

Wrong information edited out.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Do Samsung TVs have Google Play Store?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Contact the BBC about this and give them your TV model and firmware version, you can find this on the TV itself by going to the Contact Samsung page of the setup/help menus. It shows all the details alongside a QR code to scan on a mobile phone. Ofcom are trying to get broadcasters and TV manufacturers to support a common set of apps now instead of different versions being available on different sets. I cannot see how they can dictate this as they have no real legal authority.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @carrotmuseum @antikythera I think @BandOfBrothers was under the impression the issue was on a mobile device but pretty sure referring to TV. It would help if you provided your model number, unless older than 2014 should definitely be compatible with latest update.https://digihelpdesk.co.uk/why-cant-i-get-bbc-iplayer-on-my-samsung-smart-tv-sony-models-also-affect.... List of supported devices here and some go further back https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/samsung
If compatible the one thing you the one you have not mentioned is rebooting the router by unplugging from mains , know other streaming services are ok but worth a try. is there any difference with Beta version? Troubleshooting guide here: obviously you may need to contact the BBC and /or Samsung though.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/smart-tv-and-games-console-issues/troubleshooting-tv-ga...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
carrotmuseum
Student
Options

Yes it's a TV - UE32H5500

I tried all the recommendations but nothing worked. Various power off routines, router re-booted, contacted BBC, re-installed Smart Hub

The clue was that it was only the Iplayer which was not working, the Smarthub otherwise was fine.

Finally got through to on line chat with Samsung who initially recommended all very similar solutions, but nothing worked. Eventually they realised that it was an issue with Samsung updating their version of Iplayer and it should be sorted shortly. So I waited.. Fired it up this morning and it's all fine.  I had to re-sign in to my bbc account and input a one time code supplied on the Samsung website.

Problem solved.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @carrotmuseum oh right, so an issue at Samsung's end. Glad it is sorted now anyway even if the problem not clear initially.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
uck7
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with my 2014 UE40D7000 TV.  The icon is on the Smart Menu screen but does not function, likewise the ITV Hub icon.   Who should I contact to obtain an answer from Samsung?  

0 Likes
Ghostrider1
First Poster
Options

I have a brand new 43” TV. Everything loads and works except BBC iPlayer. Just a grey screen and a 'not available at this time' message. Tried all the usual stuff. Samsung stumped. 

RossB83
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

Bbc I player not working on a brand new QE65? Checked all latest firmware, restarted etc, deleted the app and uploaded. BBC sounds works. Im lost. Thanks 

0 Likes