Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both TVS turn on and off at the same time using one remote

(Topic created on: 10-07-2022 10:45 PM)
HB266
First Poster
Options

Hi both Samsung TVs in our living area turn on and off at the same time when using our Samsung smart remotes and our Sky remote

Model nos AU800060

UE50Tu8500

Is there a fix for this please

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Troubadour
Pioneer
Options
Something to try. If your remote relies on wi-fi setup. Modem/routers often have a guest wifi network. Try setting one up on the guest network. This might allow the use of one network for one remote and the other network on the other remote.

Another thing to try. Turn off one tv and remove the batteries from the remote. Pair the working tv and its remote. Now turn off that tv and remove the batteries on that remote and turn on the other tv, insert the batteries on the second remote and pair them. Now turn on both tvs and add batteries. Test.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's the IR blaster, it usually needs line of sight to the TV.
I have the same issue with TV and Monitor.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Renato1223
First Poster
Options

What was your solution? I have a smart TV and an m8 smart monitor in the same room and the controls interfere with each other its annoying. Lmk if you found a solution. Contemplating on buying a 3rd party control for the TV only.

0 Likes
HB266
First Poster
Options

Manually turn off at Tv

0 Likes
JamesGniadek
Student
Options

Did that work? Love to know which you purchased

0 Likes
DrHellike
First Poster
Options

any solution? Same issue here, Smart TV + m8 monitor.. both remote controls are controlling both devices..

0 Likes
Frostymj
First Poster
Options
The smartthings app switches each tv on or off individually.
0 Likes