Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border around the edge of the screen on QLED

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 02:58 AM)
Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have a QLED TV which I bought back in April this year. Around the edge of the screen it has a very faint border all the way around about a centimetre deep. It has had this from new and it's not particularly a problem but it is slightly noticeable especially when the screen is lighter as opposed to darker. I Googled about it and there's not much came back from the search results, apart from one guy on some forum asking about the same thing. Someone had a guess that it's because it's edge lit and that it's perfectly normal. So I'm fairly confident that it is normal but I just wanted to ask if others have this faint border on their QLED TV?

8 REPLIES 8
juffalotus
First Poster
Options

I have just developed this same issue on my Q8FN. It's driving me crazy. I've been scouring the internet trying to find anything on it or how to fix it and I can't find anything.

0 Likes
Badjester1
Journeyman
Options
If it's exactly the same thing as I described don't worry. Although mine didn't develop, it did this out the box. I spoke to Samsung and they confirmed it's normal for an edge lit TV. Also my Dad purchased a new Samsung Crystal UHD TV yesterday and that too has the border.
0 Likes
Buzzr
First Poster
Options

I have noticed a similar issue the first time I turned it on. My TV is 55" QN90A, got it yesterday.

I find this pretty annoying, makes me feel like something's wrong. It is also noticeable during watching actual content, though less eye striking. 

I made a couple of pictures: 

1632855957537.jpg

1632855957591.jpg

1632855957639.jpg

1632855957492.jpg

Can someone please share pictures? 

Does it look OK or there's an issue indeed?

0 Likes
Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

I've not had chance to take any photos as I'm not at home but it looks fine. It's because it's edge lit so they apparently do have a border and it's normal.

0 Likes
jqsecofr
First Poster
Options

Hello guys, i purchased a 65" a couple of years ago and see the same issue.. not simple to see in a picture but.. the space a little dark is in all the perimeter... With your comments I understand that is normal.

Thank You!!!

20230603_153843.jpg

0 Likes
Diogo008
Apprentice
Options

Seria bordas roxas ou escuras ? 

0 Likes
TesaroP
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem. So is this normal?

0 Likes
Badjester1
Journeyman
Options

According to Samsung yes it's normal.

0 Likes