Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer stuck on beta

(Topic created on: 26-06-2017 03:16 PM)
jezperrott
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys, is there another way to hard reset everything on my Samsung UE40D6200 aside from the normal reset on the TV menus?

I tried iPlayer beta and it broken beyond usefulness, but it won't let me return to the standard version.

I've been in contact with the BBC and they can't reproduce it. I've followed ALL instructions from them to the letter, as well as the hard reset from Samsung, but the iPlayer is stuck on the beta when I reinstall everything. Something isn't resetting somewhere - it shouldn't remember. 

I've even tried changing countries and then back to see, but with the same result. 

I'm aware that my model is an Asian model TV but it's exactly the same as the European ones as far as I know.  It's just an internal setting for the country for Smart Hub. >> 289 << on remote to change country. 

A proper, complete reset should do it, shouldn't it? It seems the setting is stored maybe with Samsung? So I tried making another account. No change. 

Help! 

9 REPLIES 9
BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hi there, @jezperrott. Thanks for posting, can you confirm which country you bought the TV from? :smileyvery-happy:

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
0 Likes
jezperrott
Apprentice
Options
I bought it in the UAE, but it's happily fully worked in the UK for over a year. Functionally, everything is exactly the same as my friend's identical TV bought here.
0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks for getting back to us. Can you confirm the steps you've taken to reset the TV so far? 

0 Likes
jezperrott
Apprentice
Options

I've tried changing the settings back to standard (non-beta) iPlayer but when I restart it is still on the beta. Tried pulling plug, restarting but same result. 

I've tried changing Samsung accounts, with the above, but same result. 

I've tried reinstalling everything, same rest. 

I've changed back to the Asian region, which uninstalls all apps, then switching back to UK, but it runs the beta iPlayer. 

I've done a factory reset according to Samsung (in support menu) but it still runs the beta iPlayer when reinstalled. 

I'm pretty sure that Samsung is holding the iPlayer settings either in a cache on the TV itself or somewhere else, and it doesn't reset, as it looks like it loads the normal one each time the screen then disappears then the beta loads in. 

I'm hoping there is a true factory wipe which restores everything?

0 Likes
jezperrott
Apprentice
Options

Bump

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. It sounds like you've covered all of the available troubleshooting to help resolve this.

Because the TV is not a UK model, some steps may be different, but we'll try our best to advise. Can you press and hold the 'Exit' button on your remote control for around 20 seconds? Let us know if this prompts a message asking you if you'd like to reset the TV. 

0 Likes
jezperrott
Apprentice
Options

Hi, no worries, I just don't want to drop off the bottom of the list! Hehe

Pressing EXIT for 20 seconds does nothing. TV was receiving the input all the time. 

0 Likes
popswood168
Student
Options

Samsung UE40D6200

I have exactly the same trouble and have tried resetting without success. 

Everthing else works normally but start iPlayer and it eventually says it has a problem.

Samsung should force Smart TVs to upgrade the TV software and reload base BBC iplayer .

Without iPlayer my Smart TV is no longer Smart 

Come on Samsung , wake up 

0 Likes
popswood168
Student
Options

Further to my previous reply, although I have not found a way of solving the Samsung/iPlayer problem, there is a work around if you have either an Apple TV box or an Amazon Fire stick, using either of those gives you BBC iplayer that works.

I found the Firestick remote easier to use than the Appple one (too sensitive)

Hope that helps

0 Likes