Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds App not working/loading sometimes - 65" Q80T QLED 2020 Model

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 10:09 AM)
chinno100
Student
Options

Despite several firmware - software upgrades and now on latest version 1497 (March 08 2021) BBC iPlayer and BBC sounds app sometimes just don't work. When I select either app from home screen I just get a black blank screen. I have to press home button again and then select app which then kicks me back to the TV channel I was watching before. Quite infuriating. All other streaming apps work flawlessly. I have done a factory reset and smart hub reset as advised by Samsung Support but this doesn't provide a permanent fix. A week or so after doing both resets the problem occurs again. The only way I have found to cure the problem is to power the tv off with the remote and then switch off at the wall socket and then power back on after approx 30 seconds. After power off/on cycle BBC iPlayer works again fine, but will then fail again after a several days. This is a temporary fix workaround but not really acceptable on a brand new TV.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Send this information to the BBC as well, give them the TV model and firmware version. They will pass it on to their developers who can look into it. The details about how to contact them are on the BBC website
chinno100
Student
Options

Many Thanks, I will give that a try. Its a shame Samsung aren't doing that directly as the TV comes with the BBC app's preinstalled. Cheers

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It's still up to the BBC to update the apps though, Samsung have no say in that. I'm on Freesat and they handle the ondemand app updates for my ancient Humax box still. Freesat is part owned by BBC and ITV