Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Game Mode

(Topic created on: 02-02-2019 10:40 AM)
AlanGalaxy
Pioneer
Options

Hi

I've been having trouble getting auto game mode to work with my xbox one x. When I first unboxed the TV and went through the setup guide it automatically recognised the xbox as a games console and automatically switched to game mode when I loaded a game up. After tweaking some settings (can't remember which exactly) auto game mode on the tv is now greyed out. I reset the TV again the other day and the function worked again but then after changing some picture settings it no longer works!

TV is a nu7500

Any ideas?

Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26
gdg316
Apprentice
Options

Hello , I also Tried Nintendo Switch 

No Auto Game mode and it recognizes the Nintendo switch 

I will try a PS4 later 

0 Likes
Wolfgang Puff
Journeyman
Options

Not only is my OLED Switch recognized, but auto game mode works just fine. I even have it connected to an MClassic outputting 1440p. 

7E958745-C544-401A-9747-3490D1AA3E6D.jpeg

5DBAB20C-2408-4FF3-8FF0-EF3FBC22EB3D.jpeg

gdg316
Apprentice
Options

Not sure why my Auto Mode doesn't work for Nintendo Switch but my TV does not have Freesync.  Unless I do a Factory Reset again. I have Nintendo Switch on HDMI 1 , PS5 on HDMI 2 and MY Sony STR-DN1080 on HDMI 3 (ARC) The Only thing plugged into my Receiver is my 4K Apple TV .

0 Likes
gdg316
Apprentice
Options

My RU7100 does not goe to Auto Game Mode with Nintendo Switch which is on HDMI 1 and I have factory reset twice

0 Likes
Wolfgang Puff
Journeyman
Options

Honestly, there’s no need for an auto game mode for Switch. The extremely limited streaming apps on the hand held are nowhere near the quality of the apps on your tv. Just toggle game mode to on and call it a day. 🤷🏻‍

gdg316
Apprentice
Options

Not sure I agree when you spend a lot of money on a 4K UHD TV that has Auto Game Mode and the Function is Unavailable to me dur to a Software or Firmware Issue. Now I know PS5 is HDMI 2.1 and my TV is 2.0 which makes me wonder if that's the reason . I know I can leave Game Mode On for those HDMI Ports but I feel it should not be greyed out and Go to Auto.

0 Likes
Wolfgang Puff
Journeyman
Options

Just downloaded and installed firmware update 1401. Looks like Auto Game Mode is now selectable for PS5. Unfortunately it still only detects the PS5 as a “Game Console” and not specifically as a PS5 like it does for Xbox consoles or Nintendo Switch. 

Upon testing, it seems that ALLM on PS5 and Auto Game Mode on my display are not working properly. Game Mode seems to always be on regardless of content being outputted by the PS5.

What’s even more frustrating is when switching content, Game Mode switches off, but switches back on once a game, video app or Home Screen is selected.  

I also found out that the Disney+ app has been broken ever since the HDR toggle option on PS5 became available. 

Gonna just give up on using my PS5 for anything other than gaming since there’s just too many bugs. Sony really shits the bed when it comes to compatibility. I’ll just continue to let my Series X handle streaming video and movie disc content. 

0 Likes