The sound on from my Samsung HDTV drops out every 10-15 minutes, only for an instant, then resumes until the next dropout. There are threads on similar topics, but they all seem to identify particular connected devices or cables. In my case:
1. It doesn't happen every time I watch TV. It might work fine for several days. But once it starts, the issue will recur the rest of the evening.
2. It happens when streaming from my Roku, but it also happened before I got the Roku.
3. It happens when watching something recorded from the DVR (Dish Hopper).
4. I happens while watching a Blu-Ray dvd.
5. It happens through my Vizio soundbar, which is connected via HDMI ARC, but it also happened with my previous audio system, a Bose connected via optical cable.
6. The TV is connected to the internet via direct ethernet cable.
7. I don't know if it happens while watching live TV because I never watch live TV. I don't play music through it.
8. It's not a new issue. The firmware is up to date
The only device that has been in constant use is the set, a Samsung 4K 60-inch (UN60JS7000). I have an older Samsung (55-inch standard HD) in a different room and it doesn't have this issue, ever.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Could we take the current software version of your TV please? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.
Also, have you tried resetting the sound of the TV? Go to Menu > Sound > Reset Sound.
Thank you, ChrisM.
Current software version is T-HKMAKUC-1530.1
The Reset Sound function is grayed out and indicates "function not available" when clicked.
HDMI audio format is set to Bitstream
Audio format is set to PCM
Other settings are Clear Voice and an audio delay of 40
Thank you. Updating firmware now. I wonder why the auto update function didn't take care of this....
I'll update this thread when I learn whether the problem has been resolved.