Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Netflix

(Topic created on: 15-10-2022 01:35 PM)
NLD69
First Poster
Options

I want to get Netflix and BBC iplayer through my smart hub. 

There is an icon for BBC iplayer on my apps page but if I try to download it just freezes on black screen.

Netflix doesn't show at all.

Is my TV just too old? (approx 8 years) I've tried software update but no joy. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @NLD69. I can certainly check this for you. Which of our TV models are you using, please?

Your TV product codes are located on a label on the back panel of your TV. You can also find the model code through the settings menu. 

0 Likes
NLD69
First Poster
Options

Model no. UE40D5520RKXXU

Thank you

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's great, @NLD69. I can't think of any reason why the apps aren't accessible on your TV.

At this stage, it would be worth trying this simple step, as it should reset your TV and tends to resolve the issue you have encountered.

Please restart your TV by unplugging it from the wall socket.

Wait for a minimum of 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in. Using your remote, turn your TV on.

After doing this, have you been able to access and download these streaming apps?

0 Likes
NLD69
First Poster
Options

I've never made much use of the smart hub as accessed Netflix etc through xbox but I know BBCiPlayer used to work years ago.

If I try to login with the red A button it keeps going to a network interference message. Don't know if any of these things are related.

I did a software update this morning yo see if that changed anything but it didn't. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

@NLD69, you may have missed my earlier post. If so, I recommend restarting your TV.

Furthermore, are you experiencing this issue with *all* apps on your TV, and can your TV connect to the Internet at present?

There are some great tips available via the Support Site here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D5520RKXXU/

0 Likes