Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Adverts in EPG

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 06:45 PM)
Daddadlington
Apprentice
Options

Why am I seeing adverts in my Samsung TV EPG all of a sudden? How can I disable them? I would not have bought a Samsung TV if I knew this would happen. Please tell me how I can disable them.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Daddadlington  You could try  the following.

Go to Menu-General-Smart features- Disable Auto Run Smart Hub and Auto Run last app.

To disable personalised Adverts go to Setings-Terms and Privacy.  in privacy Settings Disable I consent to Internet Based Advertisements.  You may need to also disable it the section specifically named I consent to Internet Based Services where it says Enable to make the content and advertising on Smart Tv more interactive. If there is anything else that  you do not want such as Voice Recognition services you wish to disable thst as well.  It may then be a good idea to reset PSID  which is the item at the bottom of the list   (ID for personalised services) you may also be able to go to  Broadcasting-Expert Settings and disable Hbbtv.

It is also possible to blacklist certain domains via your Router's Admin settings  though you might find it a bit more involved. The Gitbub article is referring to the US site and not the European communities.

See more in this articles https://www.tab-tv.com/how-to-turn-off-ads-on-samsung-tv/ 

https://gist.github.com/samsung Tv Ads 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

On tv
Go to Settings Privacy
and look for the option
Use information From TV Inputs.

Turn the option off to disable the ads
0 Likes
Daddadlington
Apprentice
Options

I appreciate the response but I couldn't find any setting like that. My TV model is UE50RU7020KXXU

0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Daddadlington  You could try  the following.

Go to Menu-General-Smart features- Disable Auto Run Smart Hub and Auto Run last app.

To disable personalised Adverts go to Setings-Terms and Privacy.  in privacy Settings Disable I consent to Internet Based Advertisements.  You may need to also disable it the section specifically named I consent to Internet Based Services where it says Enable to make the content and advertising on Smart Tv more interactive. If there is anything else that  you do not want such as Voice Recognition services you wish to disable thst as well.  It may then be a good idea to reset PSID  which is the item at the bottom of the list   (ID for personalised services) you may also be able to go to  Broadcasting-Expert Settings and disable Hbbtv.

It is also possible to blacklist certain domains via your Router's Admin settings  though you might find it a bit more involved. The Gitbub article is referring to the US site and not the European communities.

See more in this articles https://www.tab-tv.com/how-to-turn-off-ads-on-samsung-tv/ 

https://gist.github.com/samsung Tv Ads 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Daddadlington
Apprentice
Options

Just wanted to say thank you. Your solution worked for me. No more adverts. Thanks

0 Likes
Frangle456
First Poster
Options

Hi Daddadlington, great name. I have this one nailed! The ad is generated by the channel which is advertised. So you need to delete the channel. While watching any tv show as normal, press down the guide button until an unfamiliar side bar channel guide appears. Work your way down to Edit Channels and click. Now you can select Samsung TV Plus and all its garish offerings appear. Find the one which created the ad. Tick the box. Go to the right and delete. Remember to Save and edit. All done. Have a drink, relax, freshen up. Nice.

Liz20
First Poster
Options

Frangle456. Genius!
I’d tried all the above suggestions and the flaming ad was still in my EPG.
Why Samsung make it so hard to stop this kind of thing I’ll never know.

Thank you.

Daddadlington
Apprentice
Options

Adverts have suddenly appeared back my EPG. The solution provided back in Feb by james4578 worked for me then but I have these same settings now and adverts have reappeared. I have tried the recent suggestion by Frangle456 and seems to have gone but I'll give it a week to see if it comes back. We shouldn't have to do this Samsung

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst Deleting the Samsung Plus Tv channels that seem to generate adverts  has provided a solution for some ,I am aware of Members who still had problems after this step.   Therefore I provided  other Troubleshooting advice in this thread.

@Daddadlington  Fine to delete channels along with modifying settings though, hopefully it provides a more  permanent solution.  Not sure if you  persued   the domain route or not.

0 Likes
Tkdandy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for all the useful hints.  An ad for VEVO Pop started to show in my EPG yesterday and I was driving myself nuts trying to workout how to remove the damned thing.  Thus far the settings changes, including deleting VEVO Pop from my channels and domain blacklisting haven’t solved it.  Not impressed at all Samsung.  

Edit: found and deleted a second VEVO channel.  Deleting that has, at least for now, resulted in the ad disappearing from the EPG.  Fingers crossed that solves it!

0 Likes