Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65QN95A recording issue- SOLVED

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 10:41 AM)
Ishmail575
Apprentice
Options

I have recently upgraded from a 55" Q90R which allowed me to record one satellite channel using the TV guide, and then change channel to another satellite channel whilst still recording the first.

My Q95A refuses to allow this, and instructs me to stop recording before I can switch the channel, which means I can't record and watch something else.

Both satellite inputs are connected properly, but I have also tried swapping them around without success.

Any thoughts much appreciated...

UPDATE:

After a restart, I can record BBC1 whilst watching BBC 2 at the same time, but if I try another channel such as Sky News or something else that is not the BBC, it won't permit it unless I cancel the recording. Interestingly, it also won't even allow me to open the TV guide without cancelling the recording?

SOLUTION:

It would appear that during initial setup, the TV failed to detect both of the connected inputs from the satellite dish. This resulted in the TV operating as though it only had the ability to watch and/or record a single Freesat channel at a time, as it did not know it could swap to use the second input whilst the first was left recording a different channel.

To correct this, go to

"Settings>Broadcasting>Auto Tuning Settings>AutoTuning"

Change the "Aerial Connection Type" to "Dual"

Rescan for channels.

The TV should now recognise both inputs.

12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

How do I record Freesat HD on my Samsung TV?

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-record-freesat-hd-on-my-samsung-tv/#:~....
0 Likes
Ishmail575
Apprentice
Options

Cheers Steve, but that link does not help.

I can record successfully. The issue is that whilst recording, I cannot watch another channel at the same time, as the TV instructs me to stop the recording or it will refuse to allow me to change the channel

0 Likes
Members_twcihnQ
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same issue, did you ever get this resolved? Many thanks 

0 Likes
Ishmail575
Apprentice
Options
Hi there,

Yes, it did. The solution posted as an update to the original post at the top of this page fixed it perfectly. No issues since 🙂
kingprawn007
Apprentice
Options
Ishmael thanks alot this was so annoying when I first had tv never had to do this I think 🤔 then when I reset it come across this problem..top man looking everywhere on line as well
0 Likes
Ishmail575
Apprentice
Options
My pleasure, kingprawn007. I'm happy to say that I have not had a single problem with the TV since, and I am still highly impressed with the picture quality. It's a stunning performance- even more so now that I've had the opportunity to tune the picture settings to various inputs to try and mitigate variable transmission quality.
kingprawn007
Apprentice
Options
Strange you say that I had my just over a year and I got problems left side of TV is a bit brighter with a line that you can only see on fast moving scenes lucky i got curry's 5 years guarantee there picking it up tomorrow...and I had problems with it from the beginning as well would not switch on someone come to sort that out as well so I been unlikely with my one but yeah I love the TV ..was looking if they can not fix it they do a 95b one now
0 Likes
Members_wM82mUR
First Poster
Options

I've got a 43" Q65B and it tells me in the documentation to set the Aerial Connection Type to Dual - but that option does not exist for me! The TV only has a single satellite input, so I bought a DisEqc (2.0) switch to allow me to connect the two cables that used to feed the Sky box into a single connector for the TV. I then tried to scan both ports 1 and 2 to Freesat - but still it told me I had to cancel a recording if I switched away from that channel. I tried to force it to use different polarisation on the two ports, but it seems that selecting Freesat makes the TV default to Horizontal (even when I tell it to use vertical), so that did no good. My current config (arrived at this evening) is to have port 1 set to Freesat and port 2 to Satellite which I scanned on Vertical polarisation and if I now look at the channel guide I get a choice of Terrestrial, Freesat or Satellite and can watch different channels on Freesat or satellite. It seems a bit of a hack and is far from user friendly, but hopefully I can now record the footie (which seems not to be available on catchup services) without telling the family not to change channel!.

However, coming back to this later, it still insists that I change channel when the recording becomes due to start, and once it is recording it won't let me switch from Freesat to Satellite  vice versa - or even to terrestrial.

I'm out of ideas now - does the TV really only have one satellite tuner - hence this restriction? It will let me switch from Freesat to Satellite by virtue of the DisEqc, but can only talk to one or the other and not both at the same time?

Any thoughts appreciated.

0 Likes
Kernow John
First Poster
Options

Thank you Ishmail, I've been trying everything on Google and finally, with your information it now works. Just to be picky there is a step before "Change the Aerial Connection type" to start an Autotune and you get a warning that your channels will be overwritten. Accept that and it all works fine now. 

It was working fine initially so I suspect an autotune happened while on standby that didn't carry the "Dual" selection forward. I now know what to do when it goes wrong again - if it does.

Thanks again, John.

0 Likes