Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K Q90R - One connect box 100mbit only??

(Topic created on: 04-09-2019 09:58 PM)
GD_Dal
First Poster
Options

I just found out that the one connect box on my brand new high end tv only connects with 100mbit ethernet?

I found out when trying to use Steam link on the TV, just to experience a stuttering and unplayable game. Did a little research and found out that the available bandwidth was maxed out. On 100mbit.

Please tell my one connect box is broken.

I didn't even know it was possible to buy 100mbit equipment anymore.

At least not i a $5500 high end TV

38 REPLIES 38
Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

Also they have USB 2.0 ports on 2021 products. 

0 Likes
QuintonAStevens
First Poster
Options

I'd just get a Shield TV when you need to upgrade down the line.

0 Likes
Craig_C
Journeyman
Options

Its android, difficult/troublesome OS

0 Likes
QuintonAStevens
First Poster
Options

How? I've had one for 2 years and have had nothing but love and joy for it. It's by far the best media streaming utility I've used. Honestly the Samsung TV OS whatever it is has been far more troublesome for me. 

Also, it's an extremely easy OS to use. Even more so than Samsung's built-in OS. 

0 Likes
Craig_C
Journeyman
Options

Samsung TV OS is android, same as your streamer box

0 Likes
QuintonAStevens
First Poster
Options

Well then it's obviously heavily skinned and altered. Regardless, it's still its own OS, regardless that it's running on the Android Kernel. They're massively different and that's my point. The Android TV OS (which runs on the Android Kernel) which is what Shield runs a modified version of, is significantly better than Samsung's TV OS (which also runs on the Android Kernel). 

So that's why I said getting a Shield TV would be a good option for those who have Samsung TVs that have slowed down after owning them for 3 years. Not to mention that you get an actual gigabit port instead of 100mbps. I was shocked to see that my $3000 Samsung Frame TV with a fancy looking One Connect box was connecting to my switch wired at 100mbps. I had to double check my cabling and test another device to make sure my cabling wasn't bad, only to find out other devices could connect at 1gbps over the same cabling and it was just the One Connect box that was limited to 100mbps. Silly, and very limiting for future and present content, and limiting already for content I stream in-house. 

0 Likes
Moonman53
Apprentice
Options

I have a 2018 Q7N and after hours spent trying to figure out why this TV could only pull 95mgps over a Ethernet cable on fiber optic ISP cable capable of 500mgps. Then I found your post and others pointing to the cheap port Samsung installed.

I switched over to my WiFi 5G and speed improved to 250mgps but my other devices on same band pull 500mgps. Why?

0 Likes
Craig_C
Journeyman
Options

I didn't know Samsung also went cheap on their WiFi. Too bad, they decided to/try to make more money by getting away with substandard internet connection and free android OS. I use to love them and I have 4 of their products but things change including corruption charges to their ceo.

I have 1GHz fiber and max wifi for my iPad is 500 MBs which is limited by the hardware. Samsung limitation by old hardware, maybe they are reducing inventory of outdated hardware in their wharehouse.

0 Likes
Moonman53
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Craig. The switch to WiFi from Ethernet has solved streaming issues with YouTube TV. So far….

Moonman53
Apprentice
Options

Issue Resolved - YouTube TV Streaming Issues

After. Resetting TV, switching from Ethernet to WiFi problems persisted. Switch from using Samsung YouTube TV app to using my Apple TV box. Issues resolved. Streams perfectly. No freezes, screen going black, or fast forward and rewind issues with previous recorded (DVD) content.

0 Likes