Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020MY QE75Q950TS - DIRTY SCREEN

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 04:24 PM)
MWOMWELL
Student
Options

I have just taken delivery of a Samsung QE75Q950TS and have to say I am very disappointed, for a top of the range TV I noticed straight away a dirty screen effect, screen uniformity issue on light backgrounds especially when image pans. I'm a NATS hair width of sending the TV back and swapping it for a 77" OLED. 

Are other customers of the 950TS suffering this issue or is my TV just a bad one, again which is unacceptable for a top of the range set, is it worth swapping for another or am I going to just get the same. I took the time to visit my local TV retailer today to look at some competitor products, namely Sony LED and they looked pretty good to me, much better than my Samsung !!!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
MWOMWELL
Student
Options

Interesting that nobody has responded to this message, I guess not many people have this TV, well I’m afraid my QE75Q950TS almost certainly being returned tomorrow and being exchanged for an LG OLED77GX, a difficult decision but the GX is over £1000 cheaper albeit 4K and a little bit more of an inconvenience for me to mount it onto my living room wall. I hope this is the right decision and I don’t end up with poor screen uniformity / banding etc. Who really needs 8K anyway, there is no content and I'n not playing games on it.

You know when you put this TV into its retail mode the images it produces on the screen look fantastic, very vivid, detailed, just wow really, what a shame about some dirty screen effect and vignetting, I really am in 2 minds as to whether to change it or not, doh !!!

What a shame Samsung, you really, really need get get better quality control of your TV's when it comes to dirty screen effects, vignetting and banding. When a customer is expected to pay in excess of UK £7500 for a TV from you then they expect better, you will loose customers, if I pay that amount of money then I expect the very best and you aren't' currently providing that !!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes