Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerned: 75” FRAME AND SONOS eARC

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 02:14 PM)
MichaelSydney
Student
Options

I have read mixed reports in relation to the eARC function and using Sonos ARC. 

I purchased the Frame knowing it has eARC and being told the Sonos ARC is compatible.

Can you please advise is you can use the full function of the 75" frame and Sonos ARC (Dolby ATMOS)?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Mike2020
Explorer
Options
Hi MichaelSydney

Yes, both products have eARC, however there appears to be a well documented issue currently with eARC that appears to affect Samsung TV's with a One Connect Box (Frame/Q95t). Sonos have been in touch to advise that they are working with Samsung to investigate the issue.
I am hopeful that this will be resolved in the near future but have no ETA or update (was advised yesterday on the above).
Thanks
Mike
0 Likes
Hernan4Gov
Journeyman
Options

Any update on this?  Just bought a Sonos Arc and no luck with my Frame 2020

0 Likes
MichaelSydney
Student
Options

Samsung have not been able to fix the issue. They attended my home yesterday and no luck fixing the issue. They have escalated to the technical area for further investigation. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. 

eirikask
Apprentice
Options

I have a 75" the frame 2020 being delivered tomorrow. As I have the Sonos Arc and I am invested in their ecosystem, I will ask them to take the TV back. 

clearview
Student
Options

Pretty unreal  that they cannot sort this.As a custom installer Samsung is my first choice for high end tvs perhaps i need to rethink this.

0 Likes
eirikask
Apprentice
Options

A little update on the return of the TV. First off, let me just tell you that I live in Norway where we have excellent consumer protection laws. Every product bought has a two year warranty by law, extended to five years for parts that are not considered wear and tear. 

However, when trying to return the TV I discovered there is a clause that exempts "problems caused by software that can be updated". This basically means Samsung and other vendors can launch buggy products, claim "a software update will come soon" and basically ship faulty products they never bother to update.

0 Likes