Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 50" TU7000 FireCube 4K no longer supports 4K

(Topic created on: 16-10-2023 12:02 AM)
Si67
Student
Options

I've 2020 50" TU7000 and it's no longer supporting 4k on FireCube - has been working fine up until recently, but now is forcing 1080p (diagnostics say the TV doesn't support HDCP 2.2). I think likely at the recent firmware update - cables are good, 4K on Xbox works. I don't want to revert back to the internal Samsung apps (they are practically unusable on this model as the menu/UI is so slow).

Anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Not sure why this could be - but seems linked to Amazon updating the hardware.

I do wonder though, what do you do on your Cube that you can't do on your TV natively?

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

Si67
Student
Options

No it's a TV issue with the last firmware update (ver 2501.1 - the one which removed the surplus 'Film' mode from display settings). I bought the Cube as these earlier models of TU7000 are practically unusable with the internal apps -  the menu response time is too slow.

The only solution I've found is to cold start the TV (ie power off at wall rather than just holding the power button for a few seconds) whenever the problem occurs

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

If a cold start fixes it, I'd reach out to support , as it sounds like something is up somewhere. Very strange.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes