My s20+ keeps lagging out for no reason even when nothing is open 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @TobyMTech 

We recommend turning your phone off and removing your SIM. After a few seconds put your SIM back into your phone, and turn it back on again. Monitor the problem for a few minutes and see if the issue has been resolved or not. 

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @TobyMTech 

We recommend turning your phone off and removing your SIM. After a few seconds put your SIM back into your phone, and turn it back on again. Monitor the problem for a few minutes and see if the issue has been resolved or not. 

Mefistos
Explorer
Options
Hey Toaster145, welcome to the team! It what Beth doesn't help try jumping on your right leg, while turning anti-clockwise. You have to stick your thumb to your nose and recite 2 chapters from the bible, doesn't matter which ones. Both our suggestions have same chance of fixing your issue. Other than that just wait another couple weeks before Samsung releases new beta😊 hopefully they'll manage to squeeze it in this year as none our our phones have been usable for the past 3 weeks🤞
Mefistos
Explorer
Options
Also please don't forget to send error reports, I've sent about 20 so far and I've heard if you get to 100 you dealy the next beta for another week so good luck!
0 Likes
Oisín
Journeyman
Options
It's to do with the screen refresh rate - if you change it (either by going into display settings or by turning on and off power saving mode) the phone will stop lagging
Johnosh
Explorer
Options
This also works to fix it on the s20 ultra for me too. Not a big problem, all part of being in a beta test
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@TobyMTech

I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue 😔.

Our developers are working on fixing it. The fix to it will be available soon 😊.

ChetzB
Student
Options
Can confirm as well: I've set my S20U 5G to the standard motion smoothness option and it's generally better in terms of less freezing and stuttering.

Another person in the community suggested making sure you're on your default home page before locking your screen to help reduce this issue too. It sometimes helps but hard to understand why it sometimes works and doesn't.

We'll just need to wait for Samsung to create a fix, QA it properly then release it.
0 Likes