Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found a super quick fix for the stutter

(Topic created on: 20-12-2021 12:43 PM)
robbiekhan
Journeyman
Options
I've been using the S20 refresh rate tool for a while now to set 96Hz as I find that better for battery whilst still being really smooth.

On the latest beta I found that setting to 120 Hz then back to 96Hz fixed the lag whoever it happened. Essentially you can do the same via display settings and go from normal motion to high and back again etc to reset the lag back to normal. 

That's a bit of faff but with the quick panel toggles it's two taps once to select 120Hz, then tap 96Hz (or the other way if you prefer 120Hz).

Then all you do is enable the quick settings panel toggle buttons. 
8 REPLIES 8
robbiekhan
Journeyman
Options
Screenshot Screenshot_20211217-222402_Nova7.png
0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for sharing this. Giving it a go...
0 Likes
Jangles
Pioneer
Options

The workaround works on my S20 5G. However, I had to do three things before it did:

1. Turn on 'Show refresh rate' in Settings > Developer options. You then get a number overlaid at the top left of your screen that shows the current refresh rate.
  2. In Settings > Display > Motion smoothness, check 'High'.
  3. Then tap the '96' toggle button (per @robbiekhan's explanation) and you should see the overlaid number change to 96.

Then you're done!

See screenshot:

Screenshot_20211219-060254_Settings96.jpg

0 Likes
MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
How do you get so many options in quick panel? I can see only 4 column and 3 rows 🤔
0 Likes
robbiekhan
Journeyman
Options
That's via Quickstar which is part of Good Lock.
MKS22Ultra
Navigator
Options
Thanks. Screen stutter also is reduced by setting all three animations to 0.5x
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
I've been using this for nearly a week now, set at 96hz. Perfect, no lag, stuttering or any thing else 👍
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @robbiekhan 

Thanks for sharing this tip! You're a star!