Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixes Needed For Beta 2 UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 27-10-2020 11:52 AM)
jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
Notifications are a huge problem in the Beta 1 version. the background and the text are white especially in dark mode and I can't make out what has been sent or what the person is trying to say unless I open it. Also some notifications don't pop up at all. Next thing is the camera notch that we used to be able to hide from the screen which I prefer. that setting has been removed and it would be good to bring that back. The sound button, yes I like the way it looks. but it should be the same as before and displayed along the top and then press the arrow button to expand it to see more sound settings, the sound being down the side doesn't work then you need to press the dots quite fast to open up more sound settings, this is a longer process than what it was before, so that needs fixed. also the apps are a little big, on home screen especially. it would be good to make them smaller. it seems with this update things seem a little bigger and chunky looking. There is something else I've noticed since the beta 1 update and that is the battery is running out more faster than before also when using an app the phone heats up. I never had any issues with apps before I updated. now I do. I have tested this out for a few days now. playing around with different apps and seeing if the mobile still heats up, and it does on mostly all of the apps I use. I have noticed a lot of things have been moved especially in the gallery how everything is at the bottom which I understand, but as again it's all a little chunky and needs a few tweaks. there is a lot of potential for the new software, there is a lot of things that need fixed, replaced and familiar things need to be put back. I have hopes that by the final version of the One Ui 3.0 things will look a lot more smooth and easier to use. but it still needs a lot of improvements. 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Agreed & well said, Notifications are an issue for me, not popping up properly & sometimes not at all. can't say I've had an issues with the phone getting hot, I've had no issues with phone getting hot using app & my battery life has been the same if not better.
Some of the new layout looks big and chunky, but I think it's a great Improvement, the volume slider is great but could be made better.

Bluetooth connectivity & general headphones experience has improved imo.

We need a galaxy buds option to see battery life from the swipe down area.. we see the device connected & we see the device playing Spotify but to see battery life must open the wearable app or Bluetooth menu a much longer process.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@jjay0307,

Thanks for sharing your observations with us. As for bugs, I recommend you to submit error reports for each issue, describing them in detail. Do not forget to attach log files - they would help developers a lot to resolve bothering problems quickly! 😉

0 Likes