Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Tab S8 second class?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2023 07:32 AM)
NaughtyButNice69
Pathfinder
Options
I have a Galaxy tab s8 WiFi and as always the s8+ and s8 ultra received the 5.1 update with Feb patch yesterday, however my model hasn't, this happens every time there is a security or OS update the model I have is treated as a second class device and updates come weeks later, not fair when you spend upwards of £600 on a so called premium device, that's treated as a second class one to others in the S series. 
8 REPLIES 8
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the s8+ and am still on December security patch and 5.0. So it comes when it comes
G G
NaughtyButNice69
Pathfinder
Options
Is your just WiFi or 5g reading back over the last day some with 5g version got it yesterday and S7 WiFi got the new update.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Wi fi uk version.
G G
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It should become available as the tab s7 had 5.1 update release and that is usually after the S8 series does.
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
My s6 lite got it over the weekend
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@NaughtyButNice69  According to this article one Ui 5.1 for the Tab S8 has started rolling out in some European countries, the wait should not be too long, updates come in batches though. https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-tab-s8-one-ui-5-1-update-released-new-features/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
As if by magic its just dropped
G G
NaughtyButNice69
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for informing me I'm downloading it. 👍😁
0 Likes