Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Samsung S6 Lite LTE 2020 version not getting android 13 update?

(Topic created on: 22-01-2023 05:14 PM)
henryting
First Poster
Options

I am from Singapore and I still cannot update to android 13 for my Samsung S6 Lite LTE 2020.  Can the Samsung guys give us the information whether we are still eligible to update to android 13 for this Samsung S6 Lite LTE 2020? Please do not keep us waiting in vain. Now Jan 2023 is drawing to an end very soon.  I long to update to android 13 to correct the error when the opacity function was taken out after I update to android 12l.  I hope that by updating to android 13 will correct this error.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Are you able to see the Android 13 update in the Settings app?

0 Likes
henryting
First Poster
Options

I everyday try to manually update my pressing the option software update but the reply is your software is up to date Current version is P615XXS4EVL2 and Security patch level : 1 Nov 2022.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
It's started to roll out, if you look on sammobile website, it has been released in France so will be released elsewhere very soon.
henryting
First Poster
Options

I beginning to feel like Samsung always try to make more money from new customers and tend to neglect their existing customers. Their supports and services are getting from bad to worse. I am very disappointing and sad of their treatment to their existing customers. I am thinking to switch to Apple very soon. At first I thought of buying the new Samsung S9 Ultra when they are on sales this coming Feb and on the second thought I got to think twice now.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Android One Ui 5.0  for the  S6 Lite should be rolling out in Uk very soon, it will be the last OS update for the 2020 Tablet.  https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-tab-s6-lite-2020-android-13-one-ui-5-0-update/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
They release it in batches to not overload the server, also depends if its locked or factory unlocked, network provider and if there's been any bugs or major issues they can delay just be patient they will get it to you
0 Likes
henryting
First Poster
Options

Be Patient? I have been waiting for Samsung to update to solve the Opacity Function that had been taken out since android 12L almost 3 or 4 months already.  And my 7th Gen Ipad already got the latest iOS 16.3. This is really pissing me off.  I think from this year on I will switch to Apple Product for better services and quick update rather buying Samsung Products waiting for the cows to come home.

0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
You switch to apple it won't matter to samsung ios is apple android is multiple phone brands, samsung, Sony, Google etc so it could also be your network provider and country the fact they update older devices to a13 before the 4 year guarantee is amazing so you don't like it don't wait trade it in get an ipad
0 Likes
henryting
First Poster
Options

Very disappointed and sad because tomorrow already the last day of the Jan 2023 still unable to update to Android 13.  Once cannot update to android 13 my Samsung S6 Lite LTE will not be able to solve the opacity function.  I really do not know what is Samsung up to now.  I believe the coming all new Samsung Handphones and Tablets will come without the extra slot for the external memory card SD card.....I am not buying any more Samsung Products from now onwards because they have really disappointed me as I used to be a Samsung Fan buying their Tablets and Handphone.

0 Likes