Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

VoLTE and VoWiFi support for tablets galaxy Tab S6, Tab S4 and Tab S3

(Topic created on: 21-04-2019 03:32 PM)
Balling
Pioneer
Options

Where is VoLTE? When I will have support for it? Really you just turn it off in build.prop! Activate it please! Really Samsung!πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
CarlH
Options

Hi @Balling. I've just heard back from our colleagues regarding this. Unfortunately, they aren't currently supporting VoLTE, VOWiFi in tablets at the moment. I know it's not what you'd like to hear but this could always change at some point. 

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options

@CarlH You just need to get firmware for modem that support it from qualcomm. I already changed it for tab s3, it's working. Though you can just modify nv modem config in Qualcomm QPST or other software... So actually no need in other firmware from Qualcomm..

By the way, hdr in tab s4 for youtube still not working... Are you in contact with netflix app devs? THAT one app IS working.

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options

@CarlHHello, I see in the latest update (July patch) tab s4 now has video calls provisioned turned on. That is good. So what about voice over LTE? BTW, will tab s6 support Volte?

Also, do you know any devs in Video department? Can you ask them if they know somebody from google (youtube) team, so that they can comment on my issue 

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/4615964?hl=en

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options

Hello, Tab s6 does not support ot as well, why? And when it will be supported?

0 Likes
dilimotmihai
First Poster
Options

Also RCS is not working on TAB S6. I had to install Google Messages.

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options

LOL, RCS needs VoLTE to work.

0 Likes
dilimotmihai
First Poster
Options
Not really. It works without. Just not with the stock app.
But I wanted to replace my phone with this tablet.
0 Likes
Brendon11
Apprentice
Options

I haven't seen an update to this thread. Is there still no VoLTE support for Tab S4? I'd like to activate on Mint Mobile, but not compatible due to lack of voLTE they say. 

0 Likes
dilimotmihai
First Poster
Options

I checked the Tab S7(both variants) and still no VoLTE support.

I wouldn't expect any support on older tablets until Tab S7 gets it.

0 Likes
Brendon11
Apprentice
Options

Any update on this topic? Does Tab S4 have VoLTE support yet? Qualcomm X16 LTE Modem supports VoLTE. Why doesn't the Tab S4? //www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-835-mobile-platform#:~:text=With%20an%20advanced%2010%2Dnanomet....

0 Likes