Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C Headset Not Fully Supported on Tab S8 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 08:50 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I've been using a Steelseries Arctis 7P Wireless headset across Chromebooks, Pixel 5 and Galaxy Fold3 with no issue for over a year now. However, when I try to use them on my new Tab S8 Ultra via the USB-C Dongle, I'm only getting audio out of the left side. This only happens with the Tab, every other device has no issue with it. The Steelseries website states in the FAQ:

Most Modern USB-C Phones do work, but some older Samsung Galaxy phones (Galaxy Note10 or earlier) only support audio and not voice functionality via USB-C due to Samsung firmware not being updated. You can still listen to games, music, and videos, but will not be able to use the headset mic for calls or voice chat.

I would have assumed that the TabS8 wouldn't be running out of date firmware but its the only explaination I can find why a £900 tablet is not working wiuth a perfectly functional headset.

14 REPLIES 14
DerGurk
First Poster
Options

I have got the same problem on Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. Sony Pulse 3d with dongle and USB c to usb a connector.. Sound only on the left side. No Problem with Galaxy S21 5g

0 Likes
KittyCakeLover
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the same headset, so if you find a solution, kindly tell me 🙏

0 Likes
manramantra
First Poster
Options

common samsung you can do better!! my usb mixer is not working with galaxy tab s8 or galaxy s22 ultra. it works with galaxy tab s7 and galaxy s21 ultra. I upgraded both the devices and now when I connect my mixer, both devices sound output as headset in media, however now sound is sent. This is a big flaw in USB c sound output.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Following today's update (version: X900XXU2AVD6 / X900OXM2AVD6 / Security patch level: 1 May 2022), my headset now works fine with the USB-C Dongle with sound out of both sides. It has been a while since I tested it, so I don't know if something changed with the update or the last one.

Pity, it didn't come before I purchased a new Bluetooth/Xbox headset. But at least I now have a headset which works with whatever device I want to use it on.
HyperFrost
First Poster
Options

Same problem here so I googled and found your thread. I have the arctis 1 Wireless which also uses a usb-c dongle. Audio only comes out of the left side. However, my tab only has the X800XXU1AVCD update for March 2022 so I guess the problem should be fixed once the same patch that you had becomes available on my tablet.

0 Likes