Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 12:38 AM)
shawny1969
Apprentice
Options
Why aren't Samsung doing an update for the Samsung s 4 tablet thats absolutely unfair as it means I've got to purchase a new tablet this ones only 2 years old shame on you guys I was looking forward to android 11 UI 3.1
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Its a good thing, its old hardware, getting it to work with new firmware usually causes slowdowns. Of course its not the only reason why Samsung won't work on it, but its the one you should care about.
shawny1969
Apprentice
Options
still a con i won't be using anymore samsung products thats for sure
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can always flash a new ROM instead.
0 Likes
shawny1969
Apprentice
Options
can you do that with a tablet no idea how to do it
0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
Take it to your nearest phone repair shop and talk with them about it. if you're not trained in this field, it'd be best to get someone in the know to do it.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

it is better that they have stopped rolling out new versions.

Newer versions of android have newer hardware in mind and therefore require more resources and can cause lesser performance or more battery usage on older devices. Also the fact of not receiving new versions of the os itself is not a problem in the use of the device since it will perform the same it performed originally (silicon does not degrade over time) so you will be able to use your device for many years, around 7 which is when some minor apps stop supporting older versions, whereas with major apps you can get away with more years of os support.

So I do not see the point I receive no updates so i need to buy a new one

Archer