Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet stopped recognizing s-pen

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 11:25 AM)
husg
Apprentice
Options
I have been using my tabs6 for about 7 months already, no problem at all. Yesterday, I realized its pen support is gone. I haven't used the pen for 2-3 days. No physical damage happened to the tablet, it was standing on the table. Now, the tablet doesn't charge its original s-pen. The pen does not work on the screen without charging too. I tried tabs4 pen with it too, however, the tablet screen fails to recognize tabs4 pen too.
In sum, my screen does not recognize s-pen at all.
What kind of issue is this?
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @husg ,

Are you still having issues with the S Pen? Is the Tab software and apps up to date? Can you try resetting it:

Attach the S Pen to the S Pen’s charging groove. Then, open the Air action setting screen and tap 3 Dots for more options → Reset S Pen.

husg
Apprentice
Options

@TessM wrote:

Hi @husg ,

Are you still having issues with the S Pen? Is the Tab software and apps up to date? Can you try resetting it:

Attach the S Pen to the S Pen’s charging groove. Then, open the Air action setting screen and tap 3 Dots for more options → Reset S Pen.

Hi @TessM,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I still have the issue. My software is up to date. I even went to reset it to the factory settings, but the issue persists. I removed also protective case, tried many times to charge the pen, still the same. The pen won't connect, so even if I reset the pen it will not connect.

Galaxy Tab S4 pen should have worked with it without charging, and I used tabs4 pen with it occasionally, but now s4 pen won't work as well. So, just sent the device to the carrier where I bought it for repair or replacement. I hope they will be able to handle it somehow.

0 Likes
Stringfelloe
First Poster
Options
mine is the same